PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat G Series Door Glass installation

accurate machinery
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Bobcat T200 G Series. I am trying to avoid taking the glass and frame to the dealer and waiting a few days when it looks like it should be a simple job to install the glass into the frame. All the G Series machines have a similar door, I have had plenty to replace, is there a simple process? I have tried for an hour and have had the glass and seal just slip out of the frame. Could one of you with some experience let me in on the secret. I have the glass, frame and 2 piece rubber seal with a locking tab. Now what?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I get it done I will try to document the process on my sponsor forum (Accurate Machinery) so we can all benefit. Thanks!

rjxj
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Did you use soap on it. They make a couple different tools to "run" the flap in as you pull the tool along. If you have the type thats has an individual rope looking piece of rubber they make a tool that has a head on it all most like the eye of a needle or the hole end of a cotter pin. You soap everything up, put the rubber "rope" or "bead" in the eye and push it into the groove and just run it along and it pushes the bead in as it goes. If you have the flap type. It uses a hooked looking tool to run along and fold the edge in. The main things lubrication. It would be a lot of saliva but I know we all have even spit on things to get them to go in at times. :)

accurate machinery
04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Maybe I need to be more specific. Does the rubber strip go on the frame first or the window first? I know the design is that you can yank out the lock strip so the window can be popped out. There is a locking strip on the main seal, does that get locked before or after the glass is in the seal? Basically I have the 3 parts (plus the cord) and I need to know the order for an efficient installation. I Googled it but nothing came up about the order. Of course a manual probably would help but I thought with all the brain power of Lawnsite I might get a jump on it.

rjxj
04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Both types I have installed required the rubber to go on the frame first, then put the glass into the rubber, then fold the lip into the groove or run the separate bead piece into the groove. You may have a different style that Im not familiar with

accurate machinery
04-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks I am going to give that a try!

accurate machinery
05-17-2008, 12:44 PM
RJXJ, I posted the door glass installation with pictures on my forum in the sponsors section. Thanks for your help!

Itsgottobegreen
05-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I have replaced mine twice and its a royal pain in the ass. Defently takes two people, soap and words that would make a sailor blush. :laugh:

accurate machinery
05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Itsgottobegreen, Did you check out the procedure that I used, it was really simple once I got it going. Check my site out, you might be doing it again!

Itsgottobegreen
05-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Your method was pretty damn close to how I did it. First time I called my dealer and ask. I got a laught at and was told, its easier to buy a whole damn door. Then was told sorta how to do it. The first time it took 2 hours, 2nd time about 30 mins. But still with lots of bad words being blurted out.