PDA

View Full Version : Newbie please help

j05h22
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm considering getting my chemical application license. Before I do so I'd like to know what you guys think I should have to get started. As far as equipment goes I mean and how much it would cost me roughly. Thanks in advance.

j05h22
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM
??????????????????????????????????????/

hmartin
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Absolute bare minimum - A spreader and backpack sprayer. Ballpark $500

j05h22
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Cool thanks. I hear people talking about tanks and stuff too? Any brand better than the other?

kbrashears
04-28-2008, 11:48 PM
My advice:

300 gallon skid sprayer with electric hose reel.
3 backpack sprayers
Quality push spreader
Membership at the local gym :weightlifter:

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-29-2008, 02:12 AM
I would start with a backup plan... If prices continue to climb...

j05h22
04-29-2008, 02:58 AM
I would start with a backup plan... If prices continue to climb...

What does that include? Sorry I know I sound stupid:confused:

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-29-2008, 03:17 AM
What does that include? Sorry I know I sound stupid:confused:

Haha, I was just being an arse.

You hafta decide if you want to go liquid, granular, or both. THEN we can discuss equipment...

Are you gonna cater to residentials or commercials?

How big are the properties you're looking to do?

j05h22
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm looking to go residential at first. We'll see where it goes from there. It would seem beneficial to go both granular and liquid but i'll learn more about that once I get to studying lol

RAlmaroad
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm considering getting my chemical application license. Before I do so I'd like to know what you guys think I should have to get started. As far as equipment goes I mean and how much it would cost me roughly. Thanks in advance.

The single most important piece is that piece of paper that proves you know what you are doing--a degree followed with a state license. Everything else will take care of itself. Knowledge is basic

j05h22
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
The single most important piece is that piece of paper that proves you know what you are doing--a degree followed with a state license. Everything else will take care of itself. Knowledge is basic

Ok I think people are missing the point of my thread.;) Ok, ok, how about you guys give me a list of what you guys use for chemical applications

Rayholio
04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
a degree?? LOL

Rayholio
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Honestly, if you have to ask what equipment to get, you need a little more education.. maybe you should consider going to work for tru-green for a season... You won't be a genius or anything when you're done, but then maybe you can answer the small questions on your own..

RAlmaroad
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
a degree?? LOL

Ray: I didn't necessarily mean a degree from college or university, but should have stated something that proves to yourself that you've studied and understand what you are doing. No insults to anyone intended. I guess I'm paranoid about people continuing to learn either from someone or a specialized school. I apologize. Lord knows I'm old school. There are so many wise people out there who can't hardly write but so wise indeed from just living. Roy

Down2EarthLawns
04-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Honestly, if you have to ask what equipment to get, you need a little more education.. maybe you should consider going to work for tru-green for a season... You won't be a genius or anything when you're done, but then maybe you can answer the small questions on your own..

My state actually requires 3 years of employment with another spray company before I can apply for a license.. I wonder if there is any way around that?

Frank Fescue
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry I know I sound stupid:confused:

yet you continue to talk? :laugh: