PDA

View Full Version : Need pond school

milkie62
04-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Are there any websites for learning pond and waterfall design and construction ?I would like to get into this business and have a huge yard that I can practice in.Any info would be helpful.

buzzyng
04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
I do sell Aquascape but am not one of the minions. However, they do have a good book ... the pond bible. It would provide you a basis to learn the mechanics. Recommend going to a build a pond event from any of the manufacturers to get some hand's on experience as well. Good luck

hole in one lco
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I do sell Aquascape but am not one of the minions. However, they do have a good book ... the pond bible. It would provide you a basis to learn the mechanics. Recommend going to a build a pond event from any of the manufacturers to get some hand's on experience as well. Good luck

they also have some good vids i make all my guy watch

buzzyng
04-29-2008, 02:03 AM
That's true. We have some of the videos and they are pretty good in the absence of attending actual hands-on training. You could check with some other contractors in the area and see if they would allow you to volunteer your time to get some knowledge.

Not sure if any of these are close to you but your best bet might be the CACs:

http://www.aquascapeinc.com/cac_locator/index.php?state=NY

SWPONDBLDR
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Savio also has good instructional DVD's. They had an ad in last months GCP&S for free instructional DVD's. They also have a water feature institute headed up by a guy named Rick Bartel. I have been to 2 of the seminars and came away with so much knowledge it was definitely worth the time. Call Savio for more info. I don't have a number for them but their website is savio.cc I'm sure there is some contact info there.