PDA

View Full Version : Karcher 3500HD... Any Input??

fullmetalbucket
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm looking for a good unit for cleaning my equipment and things around the house. I found a lightly used Karcher 3500HD for $900 at a local dealer. Is this a fair price and has anyone had experience with these machines?? I've read a few things about Karcher having hard to get parts etc..... do they break down often enough to need replacement parts on hand??
Thanks for any thoughts....

levithan9
04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Stay away from Karcher. The parts are hard to find and they never have what you might be looking for. Purchase something with a well known brand for an engine....like Honda or a Briggs & Stratton. The parts are a lot easier to find and can be purchased at almost any repair shop.

fullmetalbucket
04-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but in this case, it uses a 13HP Honda engine....

DAFFMOBILEWASH
04-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Seems a little high for a used cold water unit. IMO you need at least a 15hp engine on a washer (belt diven). Keep in mind these engines are ALWAYS under load and the HP will help in the fuel consumption. Keep looking, watch out for some local autions (insustrial) I've picked up some killer units at cents on the dollar from retail. You just have to patient and know what you are looking at.

DAFF