PDA

View Full Version : Custom mixes

yard_smart
04-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Hello,

My name is DJ Carroll. I am 19 years old and own a power washing company, roof cleaning company, and lawn care and landscaping company. . . I recently came up with the idea of using my roof cleaning set up (as shown here) (http://pressuretek.com/de58secorocl.html) to do chem applications for some of the accounts i have. . . i came up with this after recently landscaping a dodge dealership i mow for . . . i used my set up to water the flowers after planting them becasue the closes water spicket was a 100 yards or so away . . .my question to you guys is is there stuff i can buy to mix my own batch of fertilizer/weed kill to treat lawn . .. several of my customers have asked me about this but using a pump up sprayer just wasn't very appealing but having a pump that sprays 5GPM is lol . . .

I'm a big fan of the search button so even if some one could give me some key words to look up that would be great too

thanks in advance guys
DJ

yard_smart
04-29-2008, 09:35 AM
come on guys i don't mind doing some research i just need to know where to start ???

ponyboy
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
are you serious? are you licensed? is your company legal, stay away from chemicals unless you are licensed and insured?

mikesturf
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Hello,

My name is DJ Carroll. I am 19 years old and own a power washing company, roof cleaning company, and lawn care and landscaping company. . . I recently came up with the idea of using my roof cleaning set up (as shown here) (http://pressuretek.com/de58secorocl.html) to do chem applications for some of the accounts i have. . . i came up with this after recently landscaping a dodge dealership i mow for . . . i used my set up to water the flowers after planting them becasue the closes water spicket was a 100 yards or so away . . .my question to you guys is is there stuff i can buy to mix my own batch of fertilizer/weed kill to treat lawn . .. several of my customers have asked me about this but using a pump up sprayer just wasn't very appealing but having a pump that sprays 5GPM is lol . . .

I'm a big fan of the search button so even if some one could give me some key words to look up that would be great too

thanks in advance guys
DJ

April fools day was 29 days ago.:laugh:

tlg
04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I can appreciate your ambition at 19 years old. Sounds like you have a lot going on already with your current business. Lawn fertilizing is a little more complicated than pressure washing. There are application rates to consider, mixing of chemicals, not to mention licensing and a whole host of regulations. Although you probably could turn you pressure washer into some sort of sprayer it most likely is not your best choice. The pressure produced would far exceed what would be needed. Do yourself a favor and use the right equipment. Spend some time educating yourself about the business of lawn applications. Good luck!

mngrassguy
04-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Not to mention a good way to "trash" a good sprayer...