PDA

View Full Version : 36 in stander HOC changes.

dishboy
04-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I am interested in how long it takes to adjust the rear wheel height to keep the deck level on height changes. I believe on the stander you make your primary HOC changes with blade and caster spacers? I like your stander with rapid change but am concerned about the additional weight on sensitive turf/wet conditions. I usually only need to go up or down 1/4 or 1\2 inch for lawns each day but like a level deck with the blades about 5/8 from the bottom of the deck for QOC while mulching.

WrightCommercial
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
dishboy,

The time for changing the rear tire assemblies for height varies depending on the version of Small stander. The older versions get unbolted and moved, whereas the newer versions work on a pivot, remove three bolts loosen one, pivot and tighten. This adjustment is more permenant where the blade and caster spacers are easy enough to change daily. If you are trying to keep the deck set a certain way(level and 5/8" blade gap) the RH is the easiest way to do that, with the fixed decks it would change with every spacer change. So the RH would always maintain your desired set-up and still allow for HOC changes. The weight difference between the fixed deck 36" and the RH 36" is 90lbs., on the RH the rear track is slightly wider to help offset the difference. Heavier machines will tend to be harder on turf but usually a slight change in how the machine is operated help to lessen those situations.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Department