PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Service brokers

Rayholio
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm not selling my business...

I am just curious about how these lawncare service brokers work..

Do they buy customers, and then resell them? Do they simply 'find' buyers?

Does the origional company take care of the customers until the purchase is complete?

What service is it that brokers actually provide? is it just advertising?

Ric
04-29-2008, 11:20 AM

Does the origional company take care of the customers until the purchase is complete?

Ray

I am more familiar with business brokers in general. They more or less work like real estate people. They find buyers who are looking for a certain type of businesses. They also take listings of business that want to sell out. As a general rule they never buy a business just take a commission.

BTW I get several calls each year from these guys claiming to have a buyer interested in a pest control business.

tlg
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM

The broker will do an analysis of your company and establish a value. This would involve a mulitude of company info such as profit and loss, number of customers, number of applications, growth analysis, other services provided , customer retention analysis, you name it. They generally work for the buyer. That's who pays them. Most already have buyer clients like TGCL. From my experience most companies that go through the process of selling , service there customers untill the deal is done. The deal most often involves the sale of customers only. Not trucks, equipment or buildings . Employees of your company generally don't become part of the deal either.