PDA

View Full Version : echo pb400e no spark

ashs inc
04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
hey guys first of all thanks in all the help i have received over the few posts i have posted. you have been really informative.

I got a echo pb400e off of ebay the other day. went to the guys house picked it up. he cranked it for me. got home it worked. then next day no spark. bought a coil for it... put the new plug boot on fired right up. now no spark???? whats the deal?? any help would be appreciated.

neil

ashs inc
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
restorob where are you my man...need some help here.

Breezmister
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
any help would be appreciated.

Hey Neil, disconnect the wires to the on/off switch and see if it will start. If it does, do it a few more times to make sure. To kill the engine, just connect the two wires together. If this works for you, then I would think that you have a bad switch.

ashs inc
04-30-2008, 07:57 AM
havent thought of the kill switch. i just dont understand it was working fine now no spark...makes me mad

Breezmister
04-30-2008, 06:30 PM
havent thought of the kill switch. i just dont understand it was working fine now no spark...makes me mad

Some switches do go bad, or the wires come loose. I know that I replace a few a year on the tanaka pack back blowers that have the toggle switch. Most of the time they will break in the closed position so that you can't turn them off. The Echo hand helds I think still have the toggles, but I think yours has the slider switch, been a while since I worked on a Echo.
One other thing to look at are the wires for any bare spots that might rub against any metal, had an old Shinny that did that too.
Good Luck

ed2hess
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Coil to armature gap adjustment still okay?

ashs inc
04-30-2008, 11:11 PM
i have no idea what your talking about ed2hess