PDA

View Full Version : New subs everywhere!

TCO
12-10-2001, 03:45 PM
Hey all!

I'm Idle for the winter,and I don't think there is much I can do for the business. I have been thinking maybe doing constuction clean-up in all the new subs. I know a few builders,I could bring in some extra money and advertise til spring .Maybe I could pick up most of the new subs. hmm.just a thought.

dj'slawnservice
12-10-2001, 05:27 PM
I do this in my idle time......mostly winter.
I do the inside, and yes it's hard dirty work. That *&@#$% construction dust is hard to get rid of !!
I'm currently cleaning a house, 4800 sq. ft. @.20 per sq. ft. =$960.00, have made some decent money in the past doing this.
I charge according to what all has to be done,ie.
no waxing floors on this particular job.....otherwise price would have been 5 cents more per sq. ft.
Overhead is low on this work too.....always a plus.
You will need a good shop vac and assorted mops, brooms, window squeege, cleaning agents etc.
Talk to someone @ your local janitorial supply, it's amazing the products they have and when compared to cost of say Wal Mart stuff you can't lose.....the janitor stuff is way more effective....
you probably won't need much as far as cleaners......depends on what you have to clean.

TCO
12-10-2001, 10:48 PM
Thank you DJ

Iwill follow up on your tip to the janitoral store. I have asked a few cleaning people about there prices,they average .22per sqaure. and I've helped on a few jobs,and yes I agree very hard and dirty. the houses I'm looking at are new builds. The big problem I will have is the windows, I have a trouble with the 30 ft latter by myself, but that is the only hang up.
Any more tips wold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Albemarle Lawn
12-11-2001, 02:22 AM
...are better than new SCRUBS everywhere!!!:p

K.B.