PDA

View Full Version : Large Job

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Saw all this sod today. Turned round and went back to find (3) guys, sunbelt rental boxer and bobcat installing irrigation and no prep before laying sod. I can't believe all this sod was delivered 1st. They had laid some already right on top of what was there.:confused:I'll bet all that sod want be out in a month.:laugh:
This was a contractor and not a Landscape Contractor.
Last pic you can see what they are laying it over after they cover trenchs.
Can't wait to see this finished project.
That is a crap load of sod:dizzy:

A-Land
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
For 3 guys? That is A LOT of sod. And to not even be ready to do it...... how dumb and what a waste of money.

02DURAMAX
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
do you know how lang that sod has been there?

CALandscapes
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
That is a sh*t load of grass..

Gotta love contractors trying to be landscapers.. It usually doesn't turn out so great..

hole in one lco
04-30-2008, 12:08 AM
with 3 guy that sod will be dry and dead in the parking lot buy the time its layed

Chestnut Oaks Prez
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't know Duramax but I am still in Shock. I have never seen that much sod in one place at one time. Except a sod farm:)
I will check this project out this weekend with more pics.
I thinks we at least 250 big rolls and probably 50 pallets. They could grass the parkin lots too with all that. No way they use 1/2 of it. Has to be a goverment project.

Toad
04-30-2008, 12:38 AM
OMG, what a waste. makes me want to puke. It all makes sense though if it is a gov. job, lots of backing. I mean what are they doing with so much sod, it looks like theres no place to even install it.

DLCS
04-30-2008, 12:45 AM
looks like they have a minor hickup. LOL Looks like the sod could already be cooked.:cry:

oakhillslandscaping
04-30-2008, 09:04 AM
thats absolutely rediculous, i hate contractors that try to be landscapers as well makes us look bad, hope it rains too that will make it fun for them to unroll hahaha

DoetschOutdoor
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
We have several nice 300k neighborhoods around here where the contractors tried installing sod on like 8 outta 10 houses. Been only about 3 years for most houses and they've had complete redo or it has to be constantly attended too. Complete BS for sod jobs. Talked to a guy yesterday who had a woman do her sod and then came back 3 months later in the fall and told them it needed to be seeded to fill in the bare spots they had not take...wtf?!

Where in the world is all that sod going? Did they simply install the new sod over all of that old grass?

BrandonV
04-30-2008, 08:32 PM
they must be re-sodding the whole place, which is bad since they've yet to till it

Chestnut Oaks Prez
05-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Checked in on this job today. Looks like they used more sod than I thought. It hasn't been cut and if they cut about 3" tall, they will be OK.
Probably get a good deal on this sod that's left. Been sittin there about a month:)

A-Land
05-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Been sitting for a month?? Yikes........ Seems like someone messed up really badly.