PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper toy replica

Hoosier Mower
12-10-2001, 06:12 PM
Was wondering if anyone has ever seen a DC toy replica? I wanted one for my office and have searched the net without any luck. I've found replicas of Cub Cadets and John Deere's ZTR's but no Choppers. Has anyone seen one or know where I might try?

1MajorTom
12-10-2001, 06:17 PM
Check this out, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
This may be something you are looking for.
Keep an eye out at Ebay for something like this to be auctioned off.

http://toycars.whaticollect.com/index-articles-subtab_14-ArticleID_2093

BCLawncare
12-10-2001, 06:18 PM
Run up to Coatsville and take a tour of the factory, thats where i got mine. If they dont offer you one then BEG!!!!

keifer
12-10-2001, 10:52 PM
Try ertlrc you usually get a redirect yo a site with a ton of toy mowers and such.

weve
12-10-2001, 10:59 PM
Dixie came out with 3 toy models several years ago. They were made by Geris Casting of Nelson, MN and are 1/16th scale. I have two of the models. They are the 2200 model w/60" deck & jet engine; 2200 model w/60" deck & Kohler engine. They also made a 2500 model w/72" deck & Kohler engine. I got two of the models from my Dixie dealer rep and one when I visited the Dixie factory. I gave one to my two year old grandson.

Hoosier Mower
12-11-2001, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm planning a trip up to the factory VERY soon for the tour, do you know where I might be able to find out more about the Geris Casting toys or would you be interested in selling?? Thanks again

Turfclippings
12-12-2001, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Hoosier Mower
Was wondering if anyone has ever seen a DC toy replica? I wanted one for my office and have searched the net without any luck. I've found replicas of Cub Cadets and John Deere's ZTR's but no Choppers. Has anyone seen one or know where I might try?

the ones i have seen, and have seen a few of them, are used for business cards holders at dealer counters, i have never inquired about one, but its a nice alittle desk piece.

Kevin

lawnboy53
12-14-2001, 11:42 AM
My buddy got me one at a collectable show. Mine is an XW2200 i think made by ertl.