PDA

View Full Version : Question

CLC
12-10-2001, 09:38 PM
Ok I was thinking about getting a measuring wheel and just go around the out side lind of the mowing area, But my question is what is the area isnt square. How would I find the square footage inside that area. Also If you can can you add your square footage rate? THANKS:)

keifer
12-10-2001, 09:46 PM
This is a little off topic but why not in stead of a wheel get one of those golf scopes that measures yardage

Esby
12-10-2001, 09:58 PM
When finding the area of a section that isn't square just break it up into several sections, triangles, trapaziods, squares, rectangles, cirlces....whatever you want or works for that area. Then just figure those smaller sections and add them together. Does that make since, just a little geometry.

JJ Lawn
12-10-2001, 10:10 PM
One way to measure irrgular shapes within 5% accuracy. That is shapes that are not square, triangle and such. Kind of like kidney bean shape, curvy etc.

1. Measure the longest axis of the area(length)

2. At every 10 feet on the length measure the width at right angles to the length line.

3. Total all widths and multiply by 10.

Jim

fshrdan
12-11-2001, 08:00 PM
I think what Jim meant to say is:

1. Measure the longest axis of the area(length)

2. Take several width measurements an equal distance apart at right angles to the length line.

3. Total all widths

4. Divide this sum by the total number of width measurements. This gives you the average width.

4. Multily length by width.