PDA

View Full Version : over the top herbicides

villagegreenlandscape
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I have a property that has beds with a lot of broadleaf weeds and bermuda mixed in with the plants (a lot of liriope). Any suggestions on effective over the top herbicides?

greendoctor
05-01-2008, 04:04 AM
You treat this in three parts. Fusilade or Vantage will kill the bermuda. Image will kill the broadleaves that are not legumes or asters(thistle). Lontrel will take out the legumes and asters. Please do not tank mix the three and try to kill it all in one shot. That would be extremely hard on the liriope and a label violation. Also, the liriope should be fertilized a month before spraying the Image or it probably will not take it very well.

Bcb27101
05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
You should also consider a Pre-Emergent, like Snapshot. Snapshot controls over 111 different weeds. Just remember that it will not control any existing weeds above ground.

Marcos
05-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Assuming you don't have a straight "downhill run" of watershed from the beds right into desirable turf, and / or you're NOT using annuals in these beds, then CASORON 2G could be the answer for you.

I've used Casoron up here in Ohio for YEARS (in very "select" spots), and I'm certain it's saved me a TON of resprays over the years....especially with the nightmarish :cry: Canadian thistle issues we've got !

karrotjuice
05-02-2008, 01:07 AM
]Just remember that it will not control any existing weeds above ground.

:hammerhead:

villagegreenlandscape
05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the replies. I just started using Snapshot in the beds a few weeks ago. I'll check out the products you mentioned.