PDA

View Full Version : need some aerator tines

carcrz
04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Anyone know where I can get some aerator tines for a project? I'd like to add double the tines on my Ryan aerator. It pulls the cores it has now just fine, but more is better when you are overseeding. That way I can just go over it once.

topsites
04-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Go to your dealer, but they run around 8 bucks each.
So maybe go over it twice anyway heh

carcrz
05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Ouch. What are these things made of? I wonder if could just buy some tubing, sharpen the ends, & then weld them onto a mountable plate to hook to the aerator shaft?

topsites
05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Ouch. What are these things made of? I wonder if could just buy some tubing, sharpen the ends, & then weld them onto a mountable plate to hook to the aerator shaft?

Yeah it IS outrageous, I get fussy just anytime my aerator loses one and I don't see it falling off LOL...
I think they're made of plain steel, bunch of crooks in that business if you ask me.

Just another one of those things to do with BS :laugh:

I tell you another solution:
Aerate in the fall as usual...
And then again in early spring.
So twice a year vs. once.

I've done this a number of times and it does work.

carcrz
05-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah it IS outrageous, I get fussy just anytime my aerator loses one and I don't see it falling off LOL...
I think they're made of plain steel, bunch of crooks in that business if you ask me.

Just another one of those things to do with BS :laugh:

I tell you another solution:
Aerate in the fall as usual...
And then again in early spring.
So twice a year vs. once.

I've done this a number of times and it does work.

I do that on the properties that will allow me to, but the reason I am wanting to do it is for over-seeding. I seem to get better results when I double aerate & overseed instead of just aerating once then over-seeding. My thought is that I can price it out as a double-core aerating, but actually only need to do it once because of twice the tines. I will probably set it up as a permanent deal, so they will get double the cores regardless, but I think it could be a selling feature.

topsites
05-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah I do know if you use a Walk behind it does a better job.