PDA

View Full Version : customer concerns over mowing speed

turfman59
12-10-2001, 09:40 PM
:
blob2:
I was wondering if the high rate of speed some of the commercial mowers are capable of is ever an issue with residential customers? has there been times where customers had a concern over quality of the job or even thoughts of recklessness.

thanks again
Bruce

65hoss
12-10-2001, 09:48 PM
I've never had any problems. I've had statements about how quick I am, but I usually counter with yes, but I had to spend a lot of money to be that fast.

Its all about common sense. You can't go wide open everywhere.

awm
12-10-2001, 10:03 PM
my customers were concerned at first even tho it took me a while to get up to speed. as long as u dont tear up the surface
or have accidents that damage property u should get past that alright. just tellum they are getting the best pro machine in the buisiness,just for their yd.u might also mention its cost as they
next may figure u can do it for less cause you get done so fast.
i still carry a little patch seed even tho its been a while since i used it. later now and good luck if u decide to z.

Turfdude
12-10-2001, 10:03 PM
Keep blades sharp, and use common sense on uneven terrain!!:eek:

GreenQuest Lawn
12-10-2001, 11:49 PM
"Well Mrs. Home owner, thats as slow as it goes".:D

LAWNGODFATHER
12-11-2001, 01:36 AM
Good one Todd

I've lost a few cause they said we couldn't have done a good job going so fast, but the lawns looked great.

Your guys are in and out so fast, that there is no way they did a good job.

I tell them I have $6,000 and $10,000 mowers, they don't cut good going slow.

Or I tell them, if you want me/us to go slow it wiil cost more.

I haven't lost many, just old people who have no clue, to changes or techknolgy.

eslawns
12-11-2001, 03:51 PM
I've had some (usually old people) complain, but I try to make them understand that the faster I get my work done, the more money I can make. If they insist I slow down, it factors in to the next season's pricing, or they get somebody else.

casey
12-11-2001, 04:27 PM
Had an old lady ask one of the guys to use her 18" electric instead of the WB. He talked her up to a 21" gas.

CSRA Landscaping
12-11-2001, 04:54 PM
Awm and Turfdude hit the nail on the head. Good luck.

mklawnman
12-11-2001, 09:26 PM
Over this past season customers have told me how quickly I cut and how nice it looks. It was my first year with a ZTR so alot of my customers were very impressed, from me using the slow garden tractor, to this year with a ZTR. They also noticed how great the cut was. never had any complaints about my speed, you just have to becareful when turning around not to rip up the turf. Otherwise my customers are very impressed with the speed and the quality of cut.
Matt (Lawnman)

groundsguy1970
12-12-2001, 08:45 AM
This thread may help: http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18158&highlight=Ran+Over+Small+Tree+With+Mower

Jerrys Lawn Service
12-12-2001, 10:23 PM
Turfman we picked up a lawn last year because they said that the guy before us mowed the yard in just 12 min. ( he had a Dixie )
Jerry