PDA

View Full Version : lawn care herbicide mixing ratio

tomflan947
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
i have a 30 gal tank i am using 2,4 d amino 400 it recom 2 pints per acre using 30 gal per acre. my sprayer does not spray 30 gals per acre it is more like 13 and that is going slow.can i still put the two pints in 15 gals of water or do i have to dilute it. please leave feedback. and can i but fert. and postemergent already mixed in liquid form and were does evrybody buy there fertilizier?

mngrassguy
05-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Read and follow the label. We don't have your label so we can't advise. Try your local co-op for products and advise.

Good Luck

RAlmaroad
05-01-2008, 06:29 AM
i have a 30 gal tank i am using 2,4 d amino 400 it recom 2 pints per acre using 30 gal per acre. my sprayer does not spray 30 gals per acre it is more like 13 and that is going slow.can i still put the two pints in 15 gals of water or do i have to dilute it. please leave feedback. and can i but fert. and postemergent already mixed in liquid form and were does evrybody buy there fertilizier?

So--you're saying that if you pick a spot,DON'T MOVE and run your sprayer all the while, that you still cover an acre?
Can't go there!

humble1
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM

Assuming you are licensed, there should be some interesting reading in your pesticide education manual, under calibrating and mixing pesticides, ratios AI rates etc.

RigglePLC
05-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Sure. Just add the two pints to 13 gallons and cover your one acre.

Do not add liquid fertilizer as this might cause fertilizer burn--the solution would be too concentrated. Use a spreader and dry fertilizer with slow release. Stop by Home Depot and buy Lesco fertilizer. Or Vigro or whatever brand you prefer.

Runner
05-02-2008, 04:57 PM
WHOA! Wait a minute! Now let's think about what this guy is asking here, guys! Do you realize what this guy is even saying? He has a sprayer......we will presume it is a skid sprayer - with a 30 gallon tank, which no way would work with normal nozzles that go on guns. the other alternative - and probably the most likely, is that this is a tow behind sprayer, which can be extremely dangerous trying to cover this amount of area unless this unit is a professional unit designed for this type of application (ULV) and (not a farm & fleet homeowners special). Either way, this machine must be calibrated for this at PRECISE ground speeds and spray pattern and widths. Let's face it, with this rate, we are spraying .2 (2/10ths) gallons per thousand.
Anyway, it sounds as if this sprayer is not designed to cover such large areas, and for proper coverage, should not be used as such. He would be better off by calculating the math and mixing to cover smaller areas and covering it in sections.

WildLake
05-03-2008, 05:20 PM
You must apply the correct amount of A.I. per acre. The A.I per gal will very with different spray setups but the A.I. per acre must follow label. 13 gal/a is pretty low, be sure to travel at a very constant speed for even coverage.