PDA

View Full Version : Deere Quik Trak problem...

lawnprosteveo
05-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I have problems starting my Deere Quik Trak. Ive isolated the problem to the sensor that is attached to the right control arm. When this started, you could wiggle the right arm and get it to fire. It got worse, and you would have to reach over and pinch the sensor and turn the key and it would fire.

What I think is happening....the spring for the control arm sits really tight against the sensor. Dont know what its doing to it, but is doesnt look right.

Please take a look at the pic...it is of the right sensor....let me know what I should do....I appreciate the help...

lawnprosteveo
05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Let me add one more thing...take a look at the left control arm sensor/spring...It doesnt sit nearly as tight. Any thoughts?

lawnprosteveo
05-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Anyone??? bump..............

jkilov
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
A model No. would help.

...take a look at the left control arm sensor/spring...It doesnt sit nearly as tight. Any thoughts?

The right side control arm looks like it`s closer to the frame. And the spring is definitively too close to the sensor/switch. In what position were the controls when you took the pic?

Was it like this when new?
Anything bent, or was this ever by any chance "crashed" into a tree or alike?

Just curious.

lawnprosteveo
05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
A model No. would help.

The right side control arm looks like it`s closer to the frame. And the spring is definitively too close to the sensor/switch. In what position were the controls when you took the pic?

Was it like this when new?
Anything bent, or was this ever by any chance "crashed" into a tree or alike?

Just curious.I only have a serial #. Couldnt find a model no. other than it is a 647. I bought it used and never noticed the problem for the 1st few weeks. Take a look at this other pic. Look at the bolt that holds the top of the spring...The bolt almost looks too short. Any thoughts?

lawnprosteveo
05-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Anyone...anyone???? bump...........

rjxj
05-04-2008, 08:34 AM
It looks like its going to wear into the switch. Something is bent or whatever. The problem with the switch and connector is also the way its mounted. It acts like a funnel for water and dirt. When you fix the spring problem disassemble the connector and clean all the terminals and use electrical grease on them. It depends on how well they sealed the switch but it can sometimes get water in it and rust the contacts. Clean and pack all electrical connectors with grease. It stops a lot of problems. Its a real pain to fix the ends of that style connector when they are corroded together. Oily metal wont corrode

lawnprosteveo
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks rjxj....