PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Amonium Sulfate (21-0-0)

redbuckcavs
05-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm getting geared up for Step # 2 (weed n feed) with my PG Magnum. With the price of fert (& gas) going through the roof I'm thinking about using Bulk Amonuim Sulfate form my local Co-Op. The last time I loked at their prices it was a nice Savings. I realize the convenience isnt has nice compared to bag fert, however if I can save some money :cool2:

Does anyone use 21-0-0 ?
Any pros or cons with it?

In very late Fall I may use 46-0-0 (urea) however that stuff would "melt" in our humidty

Thanks in advance!!!

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-03-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm getting geared up for Step # 2 (weed n feed) with my PG Magnum. With the price of fert (& gas) going through the roof I'm thinking about using Bulk Amonuim Sulfate form my local Co-Op. The last time I loked at their prices it was a nice Savings. I realize the convenience isnt has nice compared to bag fert, however if I can save some money :cool2:

Does anyone use 21-0-0 ?
Any pros or cons with it?

In very late Fall I may use 46-0-0 (urea) however that stuff would "melt" in our humidty

Thanks in advance!!!

I won't run that shallow of a N blend simply b/c it requires handling so much more of the product.

As for dealing in bulk, that's what I've done the past couple years. I tell the local Ag Co-op what blend I need and they make it for me. Nice sales point, too...

redbuckcavs
05-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Whoopass.......

Would you mind indicating the blend of fert you would use this time of year, or PM me.
The only other option I can think of is blending with urea to obtain a higher "N" but with the heat and humidity, that will turn into a nightmare

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm nearly all liquid right now and blend a 30-0-10 with Fe.

My custom blend was a 30-5-6 with 6% Fe.

57% - (46-0-0... urea)
21% - (16-20-0... ammonium sulfate)
10% - (0-0-60)
12% - (a 50% A.I. Fe)

It is heavily Urea based, which wouldn't likely work - but you wanted to know, so there you go. :)