PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Project

pdenney11
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
This is just a project I did at my house over the weekend. I decided I wanted to make the yard look a little better, and I want to start doing landscaping and irrigation so I figured I would give the landscaping a try at my house to see if I could handle it. I think it turned out pretty good for never doing it before. There was not anything there before, just a lot of weeds and I couldn't get any grass to grow.

fastcat
05-02-2008, 10:56 PM
got any before pics. looks good. nobody on here likes red mulch so watch out for the remarks

Carolina Cuts
05-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Red mulch? RED MULCH???? what the..... who the ...... who uses??????? Geeez! Louise!!!! RED MULCH!!! ACK!....

ok, only kiddin' bro....
looks good... keep the beds coming.... memba' your home represents your work.... well, at least I think it should.

and seed seed, seed s'more! Figure out why grass doesn't take and work on that... there's a hell of a lot more to having a lawn service other then 'just cutting grass'.

kreft
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^True Dat^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lawnworks
05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
It needs some plants... hire a landscape architect to draw something out for you if you don't know your plants and then it will really look good.

Looks like shade might be hindering your grass growth.

pdenney11
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah I am trying to get the whole house and yard fixed up. Ive have been doing a great deal of research about all types of seed, grass, landscaping and irrigation. I have some basic knowledge from working golf course maint. but mostly i'm just good on a ztr and great with a trimmer. I know some things about Bermuda and Bent Grass from the golf course, but thats about it. I got a lot of home projects going on right now. It's a repo house and I picked it up for cheap but it needs a bunch of work after 10 years of neglect from the previous owner. It's getting there though. I'm extending the backyard and putting up a privacy fence this weekend and redoing a retaining wall that got washed out a few weeks ago from all the rain we have had.

CALandscapes
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Looks good.. Besides the RED MULCH! I hate that stuff.. Just my opinion, though, I guess.

Anyway, I'll say what you prob already know: Read books, go to nurseries (talk to the employees, look at the plants, etc.), maybe take some hort classes if they're offered at a local college...

Best of luck!

-Chase

pdenney11
05-03-2008, 12:03 AM
It needs some plants... hire a landscape architect to draw something out for you if you don't know your plants and then it will really look good.

Looks like shade might be hindering your grass growth.

Yeah I'm putting some plants in. Just dont have the money to do it right now. I have to get the fence done first for the dogs.
The yard is shaded most of the day and im sure thats the problem, any suggestions?

South Florida Lawns
05-03-2008, 06:07 AM
I put a lot of the red down in florida its pretty popular for some reason.

LindblomRJ
05-03-2008, 10:19 AM
The mulch looks nice for being red and all. That is preference.

I would pull the mulch back from the base of the tree. If you don't it can lead to problems. The other suggestions would be to add some plants to fill it in some.

Big C
05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
got any before pics. looks good. nobody on here likes red mulch so watch out for the remarks

That red mulch is very popular here in Louisiana!...at least in the neighborhods I service.

fastcat
05-04-2008, 12:48 AM
That red mulch is very popular here in Louisiana!...at least in the neighborhods I service.

i agree the dyed mulch (red and black) are popular here also in fact it is what i have put the most of out. what ever the customer likes.

Supper Grassy
05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Nice Job

I would add some plants

Kennedy Landscaping
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
looks nice man! keep up the good work!