PDA

View Full Version : spraying and fertilizing at same time

grassmasterswilson
05-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I have a z spray and somehow you are able to spray and fertilize at the same time says andy. I don't usually do it because you can't watch everything going on and make quality applications. What are your opinions on this? I know it saves time but do you think it is healthy for the lawn. If I was going to do it I think I would fertilize first and then spray second....if I was applying both at the same time.

AustinLawnscape
05-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I modified one of my ZTR's to be able to squirt & fert at the same time. I'm still learning how to do one at a time. Next step will be doing both together after I'm comfortable with the other. Sort of learning to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

I started learning the spraying first since otherwise it's backpack sprayer time. That's not a time saving option. - Ed

turfsurfer
05-03-2008, 10:56 AM
It depends on the size and layout of the lawn. For bigger wide open lawns it's easy to do both. Just match up your spread width to your spray width to get good coverage on both. On small lawns and landscaped border areas I still find it better to make 2 passes and sometimes even do fine trim work with the backpack.

RigglePLC
05-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Surfer is right. However, start on big lawns with no obstructions until you have done 10 or 20 to get the hang of it. Stay away from flowers and bushes--your hands get busy steering, throttle, and spreader hand and one hand for spraying.

What equipment do you have?