PDA

View Full Version : Cemetary help

Athletic field
05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm thinking about putting a broadleaf weed control bid in for a 26A cemetary. I have a z-spray with a 10ft boom. The rows are about 8-10ft wide, I can retract the boom to get into tight aeras. The manager told me in the past they had two guys spray with backpack sprayers and in the open spaces, they used a pull behind sprayer. It took them about a week and half. Water is availiable at their shop. Just looking for any insight about cemetary bids

humble1
05-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking about putting a broadleaf weed control bid in for a 26A cemetary. I have a z-spray with a 10ft boom. The rows are about 8-10ft wide, I can retract the boom to get into tight aeras. The manager told me in the past they had two guys spray with backpack sprayers and in the open spaces, they used a pull behind sprayer. It took them about a week and half. Water is availiable at their shop. Just looking for any insight about cemetary bids

I would take your machine down there and run it over one acre measure your time, calc what your materials would be. What you need to make in that time times 26A plus materials

rcreech
05-03-2008, 10:50 PM
See if you can borrow someones PG. With it being boomless....you don't have to worry about running into anything! Also with being boomless, you can spray between the stones and you get much better coverage.

All you have to do is just take your tip up on a much higher angle and you can get about a 12' pattern out of it!

I sprayed a 23 acre cemetary last year in just a little over 10 hours!

It doesn't get any better then that!

tremor
05-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Time it so the weed spray is before people start planting annuals (if they're allowed to). This can be a problem even with planters/urns.

A boomless sprayer will be ideal unless you want the liability of raising the boom over the head stones. This might sound ridiculous but I know a guy who did it. The drift was serious!

humble1
05-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Time it so the weed spray is before people start planting annuals (if they're allowed to). This can be a problem even with planters/urns.

A boomless sprayer will be ideal unless you want the liability of raising the boom over the head stones. This might sound ridiculous but I know a guy who did it. The drift was serious!

good point i didnt think of people planting flowers