PDA

View Full Version : Threads

LAWNGODFATHER
12-11-2001, 11:12 PM
This thread, I hope stays on here and doesn't get moved.

It has gotten boaring posting to some of the same old questions.

After 1080 post, I do not have much to post but sarcastic comments in order to stay interested in helping others with information.

With all the weath of info in the arcives, it is sad that we have had to be subjected to the same questions that were even asked less than a day or so.

Give me something new to give advice, my thoughts, and recomendatins on.

Other wise use the search. Then if you can't find any thing, private message, IM, or e mail me and I wil see if I can find it for you. Or any one else you can take too on here.

With all the older posts on here with similer questions, why don't you add your posts to them. This way we don't have 15 threads on the same exact queston.

Good luck

IM screen name "Lawngodfather"
The others are located under my post

TotalLawn
12-12-2001, 01:02 AM
I'm looking for a new mower...what does everyone prefer?

lol...j/k

Runner
12-12-2001, 01:32 AM
I'll email you, and hopefully you'll be able to give me some advice on this "double blades" as they call it. Also, I'd like to get some info on "striping".:p

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 03:09 AM
Funny

This was started to get real issues going, not the same old stuff.

How many times can we discuss double blades, and mowers.

EG: Will double blade work on my mower? I don't know go try it.

How do you put double blade on my whatever?. Search! Chances are, unless it just came out, new model, we have discussed it.

Your looking for a mower? Hummmm try the commercial lawn mower dealers in your area. If you can't find one, the yellow pages work well, that's how I found others that are around me.

How do you change the oil on my mower? Try the manual.

Just like some one asked "Where do I put my fliers" well if they would have typed that in the search they would have found the exact thread with the exact same title. Plus it was put in the incorrect forum. Same as the other. Now I'm not picking on any one, it was just the best example I could think of.

That's why I started this, some is from newcummers and some is from established members. Alot are not on here every day and alot don't even look at it for weeks at a time. But it has gotten old seeing almost the same basic question aksed that have been asked only a few days/weeks earlier.

I know there is a lot of usefull info in the arcives, lets use it. Add to it.

Think about it this way, you type in the search and find what you looking for on one or two thread, not 100 or 200.

P.S. I didn't say e mail me exclusively, I said any one else you talk to on here. Yes it said "take" but you knew what I ment.

I am not trying to discourage new threads, just repetitive threads.

If you don't belive me, skip back a few pages and just look, there are alot of the same questions aksed only days/weeks ago.

65hoss
12-12-2001, 04:22 AM
Seems like we have a couple of the same threads going.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=22906

We are here to share ideas and help each other. Anyone can ask a general question. If you here looking for info/research seems like you want to read up before jumping in with a question. I don't want to discourge questions, this site would become really dull if that happened. I'm talking thought out questions. This isn't open mike night. Its a comm'l forum to discuss comm'l issues, questions, equipment, etc.

You wouldn't post, "A homeowner called and wants a bid. What would you charge?". Thats a general and blind question. You would want to research the request and give as much detail to us as possible to get the best results from any and all members.

Again, let me stress, I'm not trying to keep anyone from asking a question. Even a hundred questions. Just don't sign up once you find the site, start a new thread about should I start a lawn biz, and go on. Part of gathering and getting info is searching. Even if you search and then ask the same question still, you will atleast be more educated on what your really looking for before you ask.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 05:13 AM
Hoss, I should of had you write this thread for me.

You are explaining it far better than I.

Thank you for the explanations.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Runner
I'll email you, and hopefully you'll be able to give me some advice on this "double blades" as they call it. Also, I'd like to get some info on "striping".:p

Here is your info for "double blades"

http://lawnsite.vbulletinhosting.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=50271&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Here is your info for "striping AND stripes"

http://lawnsite.vbulletinhosting.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=50272&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by TotalLawn
I'm looking for a new mower...what does everyone prefer?

lol...j/k

Here is your info for "what mower do you prefer"

http://lawnsite.vbulletinhosting.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=50274&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Runner
12-12-2001, 12:08 PM
WOW, LGF, you MUST be bored!:D

awm
12-12-2001, 12:25 PM
did any one else pick up the ironic aspect of this thread.
mabe theys just to much iron in my vitamins.:)
later yaw

GroundKprs
12-12-2001, 01:55 PM
There are many good answers to many questions in the archives of LawnSite. If you ask a question about bonding, you will not get as complete an answer as <a href="http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=107189#post107189">JAA on Bonding</a>. And I will bet my bippy that John will not rewrite that missive, because he knows that he has given the answer in such completeness, and it is available by a simple LawnSite search.

That is what the internet is all about: (1)the availibility of good information for those who wish to look for it; and (2) the generosity of people like JAA to share their wisdom for free. The internet is not a stage for someone to jump onto and holler "wolf" and expect others must come to rescue him.

Yes, LawnSite is peer communication. But it can be a lot of babble at times; and we even have an Off Topic Forum if the need to BS arises. For the one who jumps into the site and just asks questions right away: sorry, guy, learn how the internet works. I might tell you to search, but mostly I'll just ignore you, because myself and many others are not here just to reanswer the same questions week after week. Interaction is not synonymous with diaper changing.

And I have dozens of really great posts bookmarked. Reread them often just to remind myself of the value of this site. Try a few:

<a href="http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=63400#post63400">Education</a>

<a href="http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=119256#post119256">Pricing</a>

<a href="http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=199327#post199327">Ric on Scrub Work</a>

<a href="http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?postid=89626#post89626">Spreader Calibration</a>

You will probably never see these posted again, because the answers are already here.

TCO
12-12-2001, 04:21 PM
OOPS!
I didn't know I had posted wrong. sorry!I know I asked alot of questions before I started my business. I rember reading here at lawnsite,and the biggest complaint about new people getting started was low pricing, and I made sure I was in the ball park. I never even paid attention to the search feature you have here. I just started typing. Iam only here to meet new people, learn the business, and have lots of fun. I really enjoy this site. and I'll will pay more attention to the search feature. I have met some really nice and helpful people here, and someday I won't be the new guy.
:eekthanks Tim:

bubble boy
12-12-2001, 04:40 PM
hey TCO dont sweat it i think you just happened to be the example used. could have been any one elses post.

glad to hear your learing from the forum. :)

TCO
12-12-2001, 04:50 PM
Thanks !

father of four teens, I can handle it!:rolleyes:

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Runner
WOW, LGF, you MUST be bored!:D

I am stuck at home for a while with pulled muscles in my kneck and shoulder. Yes I am bored.

BTW, those searches only took less than a minute.

TCO; just an example, I didn't know whos posts they were. I just remembered the titles.

a1 lawncare
12-12-2001, 05:50 PM
this has been posted before, use the search feature and you can find numerous threads on this very subject:D :D :D :D

sorry LGF, i couldn't resist

hope you get feeling better soon, keith

F250SUPERDUTY
12-13-2001, 09:09 PM
LAWNGODFATHER-1130 post- man you post alot, I see I am way to busy to spend the time that you do on here. I hope I can be a good member like you. You should do a search on advertising and do some so you can get busy.

bubble boy
12-13-2001, 10:00 PM
lawngodfather, i think you have a fan.:cool:

MATTHEW
12-13-2001, 10:02 PM
The big appeal to Lawnsite is that it is a "1/2 time", if you will, chat room. Most of us can't type fast enough to actually be in a live chat room, so we "do" Lawnsite. I used to read 2nd, 3rd, shoot, all the way to the end of the thread lists. Now, I never even get to the 2nd page. Its old news. Sure, if we really want hardcore info. on a subject, then we sit down-hit the search function-and start taking notes,right? I do. But many of us just want to take part in an active discussion.
YES!!!!!! It seems that we have answered every last possible topic imaginable. So, let's just send the moderators home, shut down the "new thread" box and just call it LAWNSEARCH. And for those who just like to be in an active conversation, after your typing classes are complete, you can go to a chat room and compete with the other 5,000 members to get a word in edgewise.
I'm done.:blush:

F250SUPERDUTY
12-13-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
This thread, I hope stays on here and doesn't get moved.

It has gotten boaring posting to some of the same old questions.

After 1080 post, I do not have much to post but sarcastic comments in order to stay interested in helping others with information.

With all the weath of info in the arcives, it is sad that we have had to be subjected to the same questions that were even asked less than a day or so.

Give me something new to give advice, my thoughts, and recomendatins on.

Other wise use the search. Then if you can't find any thing, private message, IM, or e mail me and I wil see if I can find it for you. Or any one else you can take too on here.

With all the older posts on here with similer questions, why don't you add your posts to them. This way we don't have 15 threads on the same exact queston.

Good luck

IM screen name "Lawngodfather"
The others are located under my post

I started reading this and thought this dude was fixin to say he was coming out of the closet. Dude-GET A LIFE!!!!!!!

Man you must be the only one on here that matters the way you talk. I'm new to the forum, been checking it out a while and as it looks you just want to shut it down for archives. With that long boring post up above, you are going to run members off reading that junk.

1MajorTom
12-13-2001, 11:01 PM
F250SUPERDUTY :

Welcome to Lawnsite. Glad to see you decided to join, but I hope your sole purpose for joining wasn't to get in a few jabs at LGF for your friend that recently had a few words with him. That's not the atmosphere we want around here.
That's in the past, it's time to move on.
Again, welcome to Lawnsite.

MuskTurfKing
12-13-2001, 11:08 PM
You have no right to bash LGF like that, he's been around for a while, much longer than you have. He's a good guy, and runs a big business, he has helped LS out a lot, you need to know what your talking about and who your talking to first.

Hank

groundsguy1970
12-13-2001, 11:17 PM
The GodMother aint been around THAT long...he wasn't on hall of forums. Besides the only post you could do that hasn't been done is a blank one...:)

MuskTurfKing
12-13-2001, 11:29 PM
What the heck are you talking about?

Hank

LAWNGODFATHER
12-13-2001, 11:36 PM
Don't start Hank!!!

F250SUPERDUTY
12-14-2001, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
F250SUPERDUTY :

Welcome to Lawnsite. Glad to see you decided to join, but I hope your sole purpose for joining wasn't to get in a few jabs at LGF for your friend that recently had a few words with him. That's not the atmosphere we want around here.
That's in the past, it's time to move on.
Again, welcome to Lawnsite.

Jodi, I am MIDSOUTH, I was pissed the other night and emailed Chuck and to him to remove me as a member. However,I enjoy the interaction with other people in our proffession so I decided to rejoin. I guess I just had to take a jab at him because he is a sarcastic-I will stop there. Sure, I dont get to post as much as him because I work my butt off from monday- saturday, but he does not rule the roost just because he has nothing to do but post 1130 times in 6 or so months. I will add the LGF to my ignore list and be done with him and enjoy the wealth of information Lawnsite has to offer.

Hey Muskturfking-I have been around longer than he has. I just work and don't get to get on here much.

1MajorTom
12-14-2001, 12:08 AM
Hiya MidSouth,

Thanks for being honest who you are, and I'm glad to hear you are just going to let this little disagreement go.

Lawnsite does have a lot of information to offer, and you are right. No one rules the roost just because of their amount of posts. So don't even think that way. Lots of good members here who don't always have a bunch of time to post, but they too offer good information when they have time to join in.

lawrence stone
12-14-2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by F250SUPERDUTY

Jodi, I am MIDSOUTH, I was pissed the other night and emailed Chuck and to him to remove me as a member. However,I enjoy the interaction with other people in our proffession so I decided to rejoin. I guess I just had to take a jab at him because he is a sarcastic-I will stop there. Sure, I dont get to post as much as him because I work my butt off from monday- saturday, but he does not rule the roost just because he has nothing to do but post 1130 times in 6 or so months. I will add the LGF to my ignore list and be done with him and enjoy the wealth of information Lawnsite has to offer.

Chuck could you please ban the IP addy of the above actor.

He has had nothing to offer in the past but this childish BS.

All he has done in the past is to slam productive members like LGF and myself.

F250SUPERDUTY
12-14-2001, 12:14 AM
I am going to let it go with you too stone. I will add you to my ignore list also. Every time you post it is just a sarcastic jab at the poster. And every person on this forum knows that.

MuskTurfKing
12-14-2001, 12:17 AM
Okay, I didn't know you were MIDSOUTH, whatever. I'll leave it at that.

Hank

KirbysLawn
12-14-2001, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by lawrence stone

Chuck could you please ban the IP addy of the above actor.
He has had nothing to offer in the past but this childish BS.
All he has done in the past is to slam productive members like LGF and myself.

LMAO!!!

Stone you just described you and why you should be banned!

** Actor - Yes, uses fake names on LS

** Nothing to offer but childish BS -Yes, you again. Exactly when was your last productive post? Oh yea, your mis-diagnisises of poa-annua, red thread, and bentgrass were very educational. Many have learned from those mistakes I'm sure.

Red Thread Screw Up - http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=20933&highlight=red+thread

The Crabgrass v/s Poa Annua Thread: (A personal Favorite)http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=18732&highlight=crabgrass

Get this, Stone insults people for trying to learn:

"lawrence stone
*Millennium Member*

You people are clueless.

How do you expect to be lawn care pros when you can't even identify a weed?

Go back to cutting lawns and leave the pesticide applications to actual licensed professionals.

08-14-2001 07:46 AM

And then post this:

lawrence stone
*Millennium Member*

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by KirbysLawn

I'm very curious as to how you came to this conclusion?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I am the amazing Kreskin of lawn care.

And the climate of Northern IL is much like NE PA.

Attachment is poa taken today.

Attachment: p8140013.jpg http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?postid=167442
This has been downloaded 127 times

08-14-2001 04:43 PM

LMAO. You bash someone for not knowing a weed and then show your ignorance again, these are 2 of the main problem weeds all lawn professionals should know.

** All he has done in the past is to slam productive members like LGF and myself. - Slamming members??? You of all people are pointing the finger at someone for slamming someone. You dig thru threads looking for minor issues to pick and harrass people.

Maybe you should look in the mirror before pointing the finger so quickly. Welcome back Mid-South, I'm sure Chuck could restart your old screen name.

lawrence stone
12-14-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn

Maybe you should look in the mirror before pointing the finger so quickly. Welcome back Mid-South, I'm sure Chuck could restart your old screen name.

The torch has been passed.

thelawnguy
12-14-2001, 10:12 AM
Actually the trophy is being shared with a Plowsite member.

Just check the closed threads.

Charles
12-14-2001, 10:25 AM
THis has what I have been saying all along. If you are a veteran member it is Inevitable that you get bored with the commercial side of this forum. YOu have answered the same ol questions over and over again. You pretty much know how to run your own business. Unless you have a really huge ego to show how much you know---- you get bored. Time to move aside and let the newbies answer questions. Then the cycle will repeat itself.
This is where the off topic forum comes in and keeps lawnsite from becoming a complete archive.
BUt the censureship on interesting controversial topics is even stifleing that outlet. People who have no understanding the the cycle and the intertainment value of a forum to keep it viable keep bashing the off topic forum. Lucky though that Chuck doesnt bow completely to the pressure of the thought police.

Martino
12-14-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER

I am stuck at home for a while with pulled muscles in my kneck and shoulder. Yes I am bored.

Just as I suspected......medication was involved when you started this thread!

awm
12-14-2001, 11:32 AM
heck just shut forum down . if u cant find other people smart as me an that think exactly like i do,whats the use for it anyway.:D ;) sighned the allknowing ones
LETS JUST BE AMUSED AT OUR SELVES

Craig Turf Management
12-14-2001, 04:24 PM
Let's do this...

Shut this site down except for the archives. All of the questions have been asked before! Before a question can be asked you have to spend an hour or better searching the archives anyway. Who has the time? And if you miss your topic using the search feature, you get some grump who doesn't have the time or patience to answer your question jump down your throat for bothering him. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on this forum. You've taught me so much, but the attitude here has changed so much in the recent future. I don't think I will ask your advice anymore. I'll just lurk and search the archives. Maybe ther is another site out there I can visit and pose my questions.

Bill Craig!

rixtag
12-14-2001, 05:08 PM
Well, it sounds like it's time learn all I can so I have a reason to only answer NEW questions and I would also not have to ask anyone anything.

If it's going to be search first because people are tired of repeating themselves then I am obviously mistaken as to the purpose of a "live" forum.

I too would like to not repeat questions and answers but it doesn't work that way. If you don't want to answer the same old questions over and over then don't answer!

I really miss the days of the "old " lawnsite where people were friendly and accomodating to others regardless of their experience of the lack thereof.

I distinctly remember there being a post about lurking. I am slowly being convinced that getting your head torn off for asking your new question to someone is not worth the trouble. Lurking is looking better all the time.

Bill Craig, it looks like we are seeing eye-to-eye lately.

Rick

MuskTurfKing
12-14-2001, 05:41 PM
What does this have to do with commercial lawn care? I think it should be moved. Or else I'll complain and gripe.

ROTHFLMAO!

Hank

Island Lawn
12-14-2001, 11:49 PM
Drama Queens!

:cry:

TCO
12-15-2001, 10:51 AM
Hey all !

thought I'd get in one too.
one of my favorite quotes."don't sweat the small stuff"
Lets keep the fighting and bickering to the professionals in the middle east.
time to move on. this is lawn site, not CNN.
Godfather, your doin GOOD JOB!

Tim::cool:

1grnlwn
12-15-2001, 11:53 AM
You know it's all pretty simple.

My mommy once said: Son if you can't say anything nice, Don't say anything at all. Most rude comments are a direct result of someone elses rude or arrogant comment. (most of time) I think the habitual rude and arrogant people know who they are. (hint if you post and people say you are rude or arrogant this should be a hint) Everybody has a bad day and these comments can be erased by just saying, Sorry. We are all proud of how we do things and don't like to be corrected or slamed. We should have thick enough skin to be corrected and be respectful enough not to slam. Some times we type something and it is misunderstood, stay cool enough to get the understanding. I find if I read something 3 or 4 times the meaning may change. KISS If you piss someone off in the first sentense chances are they will hit the post button before they get your explanation.(edited under new KISS rule) just kidding

Merry Christmas

Mark

turfman59
12-15-2001, 05:11 PM
LGF you da man. But the way these kind of forums work is down the Road a Guy that has a lot of experience in the Biz is going to turn onto this site and respond to one of these redundant questions and put a new spin on an answer or issue. or even explain it to someone just a little better than the next guy, and really be of help. I asked a question to a landscaper in the Detroit area the other day who is servicing over 500 mowing accounts and a real diversified amount of accounts, Not only did he sell me on a certain Brand of equipment he showed a spirit of cooperation... anybody heard of Rick Rohl???????

TotalLawn
12-15-2001, 05:31 PM
:cry:

TotalLawn
12-15-2001, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by rixtag

If it's going to be search first because people are tired of repeating themselves then I am obviously mistaken as to the purpose of a "live" forum.

I too would like to not repeat questions and answers but it doesn't work that way. If you don't want to answer the same old questions over and over then don't answer!

I really miss the days of the "old " lawnsite where people were friendly and accomodating to others regardless of their experience of the lack thereof.

I distinctly remember there being a post about lurking. I am slowly being convinced that getting your head torn off for asking your new question to someone is not worth the trouble. Lurking is looking better all the time.

Rick

I couldn't have said it better my self