PDA

View Full Version : chemicals the stain headstones?

Athletic field
05-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know if trimec stain grave stones?

PSUTURFGEEK
05-03-2008, 11:11 PM
You will be ok with trimec, I have been through this many times some years ago when I was doing a 53 acre national vetarans cemetary, the combo that was approved at the time after talking with the crew at Arlington national cemetary was Dimension 2ew and Riverdale Tri-power which is very similar to trimec. hope this helps.

greendoctor
05-04-2008, 03:55 AM
You are ok as long as there is no Pre-M or Surflan in your spray. Trimec and most other broadleaf controls dry clear. Especially the amine formulations. The ester might leave a little oil, but it is doubtful if you are applying at the correct rate.

vegomatic40
05-07-2008, 10:36 AM
The Trimec should be no problem but ferts. containing P and K may be a issue. Did a huge civil-war-veteran cemetary several years ago and the job specs were pretty specific about what you could use. Ended up only being able to use soluble Urea as is was harmless to headstones. Since it was 95% common Bermuda and they were on a budget it was no big deal.

tlg
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know if trimec stain grave stones?

You should be fine. We treat two large cemeteries and have never had a problem with staining from any post emergent weed control product.

(wi) Roots
05-07-2008, 06:16 PM
You are fine as those above already mentioned. pre m and surflan is the only one's I can think of that would stain light surfaces, with the exception of Iron. Although it may look clear, it is'nt. I had a technician who sprayed some shrubs along a home that was white. I got a call two days later on the staining it left on the siding of this home! I sent the same technitian to clean up with CLR, and a lot of elbow grease. It eventually came out, thank God!