PDA

View Full Version : irrigation software

turfnerd
12-12-2001, 01:42 AM
I have put in two underground sprinkler systems that my buddy has designed. Putting a sprinkler system in is as easy as following the instructions for legos when you have a map of where the heads go and the size of pipe for the pressure and G.P.M. that the meter puts out. My friend does it by hand. I was wondering if there is a computer software program that computes friction loss and such, so I can just plug in the pressure, G.P.M., and the dimesions to find out how many heads I can put on a zone.:)

HBFOXJr
12-12-2001, 09:07 AM
But if you really want to do something the Hunter Residential Design Book (http://www.hunterindustries.com) is a good place for a beginner to start. They take the engineering info and put it in chart form.

As long as you work in the paramters given you are OK. But get one job where things are different and you can screw up making assumptions.

Also important, do it like its drawn or explained in the book. Don't let anyone tell you "you don't need that", although ther are regional and situational exceptions to lots of things. Only working with a very skilled contractor will teach you what you need to know.

I've found it takes about 5 years to make a good irrigation field person for both installs and service. That doesn't make them a designer without doing the book learning.