PDA

View Full Version : Residential accounts Questions

Lech615
12-12-2001, 10:29 AM
I was wondering what % of your regular Res. customers do you do clean-ups for? And what percent of your reg. Customers do you do Fert. Appl. for? I am working on my Biz Plan and would like to get a ball park % on what to expect with doing clean ups and Fert.. I realize clean ups will also come from non regular customers too. Thanks.

yergus
12-12-2001, 11:24 AM
i have about 30 percent of my mow and trim customers that use us for spring and fall clean ups. but in order to get them you must let them know that you offer the service.
i made up a nice flier informing all my current as well as future customers all that i offer. i get a lot of chemical customers through my fliers and eventually get them for mow and trim as well.
it all goes with getting your name out and what you offer.

Runner
12-12-2001, 11:37 AM
I do 100% of the my customers cleanups, and it looks like I'll be doing 100% of my maintenance customers fertilizition and spraying as well. I just going to revert over to the policy that a few here have. That is that, if I do the mowing, I'm doing the fert., as well. I can FERTilize a customer without mowing, but not mow without doing the fertilization. (This is if they have fert. done.) I thought that it may be a problem getting all my customers to go with this, but that was no problem at all. As a matter of fact, I was pleasantly surprised at just how easy it was to sell them.

trimmer
12-12-2001, 12:33 PM
I do not do any fertilizing for my customers, but have found by talking to them that they would rather pay one person instead of two.

bubble boy
12-12-2001, 12:51 PM
dont forget plowing too, depending on the market.

although this year i gotta wonder, 14 degrees high for tomorrow. about 55 or 60(?) degrees F, i think.

Turfdude
12-12-2001, 03:43 PM
I agree w/ Runner!!! Any newer accounts we've been signing the past few years get signed for full service. Spring clean-up, weekly mowings, fertilization program, mulching, pruning, annual program, etc. I curretly do 90+ % cleanups and 55% fertilization. Basic contract is for spring clean-ups, weekly mowing (April-November) and fal clean-up. Rates for clean-up and leaf removal are by manhour and stated in contract!!

This by far is the best way to go and acquire the "top-end" accounts!!
Bob

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 04:18 PM
That's what's good about business plans, you plan, you plan, and you plan, but do they always work out?

See since we don't know what you offer your customers, our percentanges should not or wont even help you in your market area.

I offer;

mowing
fert
spraying
insect/grub control
trimming
leaf removal
curb side leaf pick up
snow plowing
ice control
landscape maint.
mulching
etc.....

I do those on a large percentage of my customers, but it would be rather difacult to give a number, since some don't get only but half of those mentioned.

If you offer that many sevices to your customers and get 1/2 of them to get anything other than the basics you should be in good shape.

Also don't plan on out side/extra work from not regular customers, leave those out and call them icing on th cake.

If I did 100% on all my customers, we would be some realy busy guys.