PDA

View Full Version : amine vs ester + weeds

americanlawn
05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Ground ivy (creeping Charlie), violets, oxalis, knotweed are all actively growing here right now, but amines won't kill these hard-to-kill weeds.

Also ...there's lots of new tender growth ocurring on flowers, shrubs, vegetables, etc (a concern regarding ester BWC's).

So what is safe & effective (right now) for you guys? Amines, esters, or amines w/spreader-stricker??? Keep in mind that we do not beleive there is any good answer.:laugh:

but rscvp, Thanx.

FdLLawnMan
05-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Larry
I have had excellent luck the past few years with Momentum Fx2 with spreader sticker. Knocks the hell out of ground ivy and plantains. That being said, early in my first round this year I am going to use Speedzone. Once it warms up I will be switching back to Momentum Fx2. Works a little slower but does a great job.

RigglePLC
05-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Something with triclopyr.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
05-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Something with triclopyr.

Ditto!

Chaser 2 Amine + Liberate or LI700 from UAP works well (2,4d+triclopyr):)

americanlawn
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Sounds good. We like Chaser ester, but we have to be a little careful.:laugh:

RigglePLC
05-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Saw a Scotts lawn service van spraying weeds today. Smelled bad--probably using ester. Nice truck--but his uniform was crappy. Or maybe an old blue sweat shirt isn't really their uniform. LOL!

I used Quicksilver last week. Individual blister pack for one gallon because that is all Lesco had at the time. Open the foil pack and throw the self-dissolving pack into the hand can. However, even though I stirred it for about 30 seconds, it did not dissolve completely. Immediately plugged up my hand sprayer. i cleaned the sticky residue out of the screen in the handle and it sprayed fine.
Most but not all weeds were affected promptly. Weeds look like they have been burned. Henbit showed almost no reaction. Not much activity on yellow rocket or mustard either.

americanlawn
05-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I know Quicksilver is good stuff. Sometimes we'll blend a 50/50 mix of Chaser (2,4d + triclopir ester) & Mec-amine D (amine) with some LI700 --- similar to what LIBERTYLANDSCAPING recommends.