PDA

View Full Version : town homes and condos?

2 man crew
12-12-2001, 07:08 PM
Im starting to take on larger properties this year.
I was wondering if there is an easy way to find out who the presidents of town home associations are.
I'm also trying to find the phone #s, or address' of the associations.
Any help would be great.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 07:59 PM
City township offices.

City tax offices.

From expeiance I wouldn't mess with 100 clients paying 1 bill.

100 complainers, 1 bill.

They go with the absolute lowest bid every time.

You still get stuck with dealing with several trustees.

NO THANKS

There is not enough Alive made to deal with them.

odin
12-12-2001, 08:23 PM
The condos we have are like lawngodfather said a pain to deal with
Its all old people in ours and everytime you turn around they complaine at the least things
My brother smokes cigars and he dropped one in the parking lot and an old man came out and started cussing him out.
One wants it their way the other wants it his way to many people to deal with.
Lifes to short we are dropping them after the contract runs out this winter.

landscaper3
12-12-2001, 10:50 PM
Go knocking on the door! That easy. We maintain many condominiums some that are very large (2 athletic fields or larger) If you do up a contract for these, state what services are included and be specific in doing so, another addition is that only the president or next acting board member are the one to contact you. Also add somewhere on contract your hourly rate for work outside of the contract. There is alot of money to be made at these places (if done right and aproached corectly! you will have a long-long lasting realation ship (over 7 years with some of ours.) Tons of add on services at these locations keep our landscape crew busy and rakes in $$$$$. Plain and simple, what some people in our business today forget that you are paid to perform the most proffesional service possible.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-12-2001, 11:58 PM
I can't remember where or who said this, but he mailed or delivered his terms of what the contract intailed to each of the people living in the community.

That could be one way out of dealing with the head aches.

Knocking on the does at most cominities is usaly "No Solicitation"

The best thing we can do is figure out how to think this though to make it easier for us to deal with these asosiations.

2 man crew
12-13-2001, 01:38 AM
thanks guys ill try the town and tax offices tomorrow.
by the way one mans garbage is another mans gold!
You may think its a pain in the butt dealing with old people.
well ill just hire an old fart to deal with them. lol

VRL
12-13-2001, 03:02 AM
Property Management - Phonebook. Send a letter or call them.

I'm working with one Company to maintain a condo. They require a lot stuff. Some require Liability insurance, Vehicle Insurance, Contractors License, workers comp., etc. Some won't pay what you want because some associations don't have enough money. May or May not be worth it.

You won't know if you don't try.

odin
12-13-2001, 09:25 AM
The ones that have a good amout of money in their assciation fund do have you to do lots of extras
The ones that dont have the funds are a pain in the ***
We have three condos the two that have the funds are fine
The one that doent is just aheadache .
One week they call say mow it one way all the time. you do it a couple of weeks then they start complaining you dont change up each time.
My brother dropped a cigar and was gonna pick it up to trow it away ,elderly man runs out and cusses him out and starts swinging a cane at him
I didnt think this one was worth to headache

lawnboy53
12-13-2001, 12:38 PM
ODIN00,
I agree with you. I take care of one assn here and I deal with one person. If someone comes out bitching or want something extra done we send the to the Assn pres. The one I take care of is well funded and have no problems with bills. I would never work for one without only one person to report to. The one we maintain does not even take bids anymore, only ask what my prices will be for the coming season at there board meeting. They figured out cheap is not always the best. As an Attorney friend of mine once told me, " You can have the job done cheap, well done or fast, you pick the two you want because you cant have all three."