PDA

View Full Version : 48" Stander Variants

heybruck34
05-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I am seriously considering buying a Wright Stander of some variant. I have a couple questions about these...

Can you explain the difference in the Small Frame vs Large Frame for the Standers?

The speed difference between the Small, Large, and Sentar seem to be due to the difference in drive tire size. Correct? Also appears the RH and Small frame share the same size tires and accordingly, speed.

Are the 48" decks the same on all 4 mowers?

My dealer only has a couple in stock to look at. Is the RH simply a Sentar without the seat?

I wish you had more pictures of your products on your website. It is hard to see any detail in such a small size.

THanks in advance for the information.

WrightCommercial
05-12-2008, 11:14 AM
heybruck34,

The main difference between Small and Large frames is the deck sizes they carry, the Small frame has 32", 36" and 42", and the Large frame has 48", 52" and 61". The hydro systems are essentially the same, and the Large frame has the bigger footprint to handle the larger decks.
Tire size does effect the overall speed of the units but the size of the engine and pump drive pulleys also effect the speed, generally as the machines get larger and their tires get wider their ground speed can be increased.
The 48" cutter decks share the same basic shell but the weldments are different to fit on the various different mower set-ups.
The RH and Sentar Sport are very close in design, so yes the RH is essentially a Sport with a higher upright and no seat.
The website is a constant work in progress, I will pass your input on.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Department

heybruck34
05-13-2008, 09:21 AM
thank you for the information. One point of confusion-

The literature I have from my dealer says small and large frames are offered for the 48". Is this an error in the literature or a typo in your response?

Thanks again. I am looking to purchase late this year- need to earn the money to pay for the new toy, errr TOOL.

olde_blue
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't know if they make the small frame 48" Stander any more, but I wouldn't buy one unless I mowed very flat yards and found a good deal on one. The 2008 price list has them at only about $300 less for the small frame 19 hp, and the small frame has the small block KIA 19, while the large frame has the large block 19 hp.

The small frame has a 36" track, plus the 18x8.5 tires, for a 6" overhang on each side (bad for scalping). The large frame has a 47" track and no overhang, and 20x10 tires. It weights about 120 lbs more, however.

Here are some pics of the small and large frame 48" mowers, current models.

WrightCommercial
05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
olde blue,

I left the small body Stander 48" out of the email because we plan on discontinuing that model at the end of this years season. Its also easier to explain the difference between the Stander lines without the 48" deck overlap. The points you made are right on which is probably why the sales were light on the small body 48".

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Department

heybruck34
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
excellent explanation on the small/large 48. Very confusing- my dealer knew less than I did. time to find a different dealer before I buy.

Thank you for your time.