PDA

View Full Version : For The Pg And Z Spray Guys That Have Forgotten

humble1
05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Well guys, Im sure you have forgoten this now that you are riding in style.

I was doing my liquid organic rounds today.
I look at my passenger side mirror then look left, everytime I look right i get a wiff of dog crap.
I check my boots and pants, nothing.

I didnt put 2 and 2 together.
Apparently I had dragged my 300 ft line off my spacesaver thru a wet St Benard crap the size of a small child. I got it on my gloves and hose, yup and on my shoulder. Not alot but enough to smell like crap.

Not really that bad, nothing grosses me out anymore. Im an EMT on a call fire dept. I have seen and smelled some stuff that words cant rightfully explain

jbturf
05-05-2008, 09:18 PM
absolutely in my top 5 pet pieves= DOG ****

RigglePLC
05-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Maybe you spray chemlawn style. Wraping the hose around your shoulder. I learned at TruGreen. Don't go around your shoulder. Just hold a loop in front of you. Adust the size of the loop and angle of the gun to suit your easy wrist action. Bigger if the hose is stiff, smaller if the hose is old or flexible due to hot weather. Avoid the dog waste.

grassman177
05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
it is not a good idea to put it on your shoulder, gets more on you than needed, learned that in classes years ago before taking my test and stuff. do all you can to avoid contaminating your body man!!!!!!!!!!!! especially with crap

humble1
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM
it is not a good idea to put it on your shoulder, gets more on you than needed, learned that in classes years ago before taking my test and stuff. do all you can to avoid contaminating your body man!!!!!!!!!!!! especially with crap

Yeah I used to do alot of hydroseeding, the hose is very heavy so, you haul it over your shoulder. I was spraying all organic round so no pest/herb did get fecal matter on my favorite shirt. Oh well like i said nothing really grosses me out anymore

pieperlc
05-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I put the hose around my shoulders, but that's where it stays 'til I'm standing next to the truck so no dog crap can get on it.

ted putnam
05-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I put the hose around my shoulders, but that's where it stays 'til I'm standing next to the truck so no dog crap can get on it.

Same here. No dog crap, no chemical, no nothing. The only reason Chemlawn warned us against wrapping the hose around our shoulder for was because we had PTO driven hose reels( When the pump was on they were on) If they malfunctioned and somehow the hose was wrapped around your neck it might drag you all the way back to the truck. The first 6-8 feet of my hose never touches a treated lawn much less a pile of dog crap!

NattyLawn
05-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, some of us with PG's or Z-sprays don't have to worry about getting the poo on our person, but trust me I run over and through quite a few piles on a weekly basis. It's especially bad when you store the machine close to your cab and you have to smell it in between stops.

ted putnam
05-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I have heard of pet waste collection and removal services in some areas around here. It could be an add on service for some of you who expect your lawns to be "squeeky clean" before you treat them. Brings a whole new value to "shoveling sh*t!":laugh::laugh:

humble1
05-08-2008, 09:46 PM

right i did that also, the dog crap got on when i was rolling it in and the hose went thru my gloves smearing it on all the hose, the next stop bam

DUSTYCEDAR
05-08-2008, 09:52 PM
i gots the poooooooooo on me

ted putnam
05-08-2008, 10:14 PM
right i did that also, the dog crap got on when i was rolling it in and the hose went thru my gloves smearing it on all the hose, the next stop bam

I use a hose hook...