PDA

View Full Version : Check this rig out.

mhussey
05-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Check out this guy's rig that was cutting my workplace property. The picture isn't the best in the world. It was took from my cell phone. However, you can see the road tractor and the trailer. I know the mower closest to the tractor was a 997 JD, and the other mower was a Bob-Cat. There was 2 more 997's on the property when the pic was took.

I would really hate to have this guy's gas bill for filling this up. Wouldn't it be funny if this come rolling up in a residential neighborhood...LOL. I have no clue where his trimmers and blowers were. I guess the guy in the Dodge beside of the trailer had that.

Oh well thought this was an impressive rig and thought I would share.

1cooltreeguy
05-06-2008, 07:11 AM
That has got 2 b crazy. A semi to haul those mowers? NOPE!!! I can haul 3 on our trailer and get 16-20 mpg. that guy is getting 5-6 mpg no matter what...

DLCS
05-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Now there is a dumbarse.

Lawn Enforcer
05-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Not very efficient, but it looks cool!

LeifGreen
05-06-2008, 08:34 AM
he looks a little overloaded. he better have brakes on that trailer! thats funny.

Mickhippy
05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
He could load up the Dodge and haul that as well! Save on fuel/running costs!

Itsgottobegreen
05-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Um I wouldn't laugh. But when I was a little kid and living out in IL. There was a company with a 3 72" 3wheel riders. They where doing nothing but 5 acre plus estates. Their rig was a single axel international tractor with a trailer much like what this guy has but with a full ramp. Its was the only thing that could haul all 3 at once. My county has a roll back for thier mowing crew.

totallawncare25
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
all of us know right well if we could afford it we would all do it too.. This man must have alot of money and mow just for kicks, I KNOW I WOULD. if he wants to take a break or nap he can go in the sleeper SWEET IF YOU ASK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cantoo
05-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Do you guys know that you can buy high mile tractors like that for $5000. It will likely last forever and need very little to keep running. If space isn't a problem then that would be a low overhead rig. He can buy a lot of fuel for that rig. Cheap guys like me would run one in a minute.

Carolina Cuts
05-06-2008, 10:03 PM
maybe he's one of those truckers that went on strike because of gas prices, never went back to driving and decided to start cuttin' grass.

totallawncare25
05-06-2008, 10:03 PM
If i could id go right to peterbilt up the road from me and order or buy one brand new decked out, to pull my mowers in a heartbeat..

deere615
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I have never seen anything like that, I hope his truck just broke down or something and that is only temporary:dizzy:

Runner
05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm sure they are just making due with what they have for the time being. They probably use this to haul excavation equipment, I'd imagine.

TomberLawn
05-06-2008, 11:20 PM
That is my two loves--trucks and mowers!! Man, that is awesome. Highly inefficient, but very cool.

Do you guys know that you can buy high mile tractors like that for $5000. It will likely last forever and need very little to keep running. If space isn't a problem then that would be a low overhead rig. He can buy a lot of fuel for that rig. Cheap guys like me would run one in a minute.

cantoo, no offense, but you won't get a truck like that for $5000. That's a Peterbilt 379. No matter how old it is, in the condition that that truck is in, it would bring $30,000+. You could find a 25 year old Freightliner for $5000, but it would cost so much to operate, you couldn't call it a low overhead rig. My grandfather has owned a trucking company for 40 years or more and he can tell you a thing or two about maintenance costs, especially on older, higher-mileage trucks.

True, the truck can run almost forever with proper maintenance, but it is very expensive. One tire alone costs what a whole set of tires for a pickup truck costs. And with that rig, you've got 18.

Now, an older medium duty truck wouldn't be too bad. It wouldn't get as bad fuel mileage and low profile tires would be a lot less expensive, plus parts would be cheaper. I've seen some old medium duty trucks dressed up with aluminum wheels and new paint and they don't look bad.

POPO4995
05-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Some people's children....

mhussey
05-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I thought you guys would get a kick out of that rig.

Looking back Tomber, that is a Pete. It was a very nice tractor, and detailed. It was the cleanest ride in the parking lot. Don't think you can go buy one of those for 5k!

Normally they don't haul their stuff with that setup. Typically its a good sized dump truck (don't know exact size / make but maybe I will snap a pic next time it's here) with 3 ZTR's and a walkbehind or 2. Normally all his mowers are Deere. Seeing the Bob-Cat on that trailer was surprising.

Mickhippy
05-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Thought you might like to have a look at this rig! Not as big for sure, but I was pretty impressed all the same. :drinkup:

mhussey
05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Mick,

What is that contraption on the rear of the trailer? Looks like it should be pulling that trailer instead. LOL.

Mickhippy
05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Have a look... http://www.allswisstractors.com/

totallawncare25
05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
damn i wonder what one of those units would cost ????

GroundEffects125
05-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Thats a little over board id say..

Mickhippy
05-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I saw one at an Expo a few yers ago, think they are around the Au$100000 mark. There are different models though!
Have a look on Youtube for Aebi tractors and see what comes up. There a a few vids on there, look like field days or something.

Sydenstricker Landscaping
05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
That semi is GIT R DONE right there!!!! LOL cool as heck, but inefficient none the less. Maybe that is their mobile command center and they are over the road mowers:laugh:

nosparkplugs
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
That's sweat, now guys this takes "not everyone needs a Diesel" debate to a whole new level.

DBL
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
wow he must of been a serious bind to have to use a tractor to pull the mowers around....or maybe he really is that stupid