PDA

View Full Version : stolen 1995 F350

sfddelta1
05-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Guys we had a employee take off with our 1995 F350 crew cab long wheel base white in color in the memphis tn area. Pulling a black trailer he has assorted string trimmers, backpack blowers, and a honda comercial push mower. The truck and trailer has been missing since saturday night when the guy dropped his helper off. If anyone can be of any help please holler at me

901 603 3420
501 655 1877

BillyRgn
05-06-2008, 12:22 PM
that sucks, make sure you call the police, and really push them.

kleankutslawn
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
sorry 2 here bout that!

VanceTrendov
05-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Guys we had a employee take off with our 1995 F350 crew cab long wheel base white in color in the memphis tn area. Pulling a black trailer he has assorted string trimmers, backpack blowers, and a honda comercial push mower. The truck and trailer has been missing since saturday night when the guy dropped his helper off. If anyone can be of any help please holler at me

901 603 3420
501 655 1877

Whats the bounty Price?

KGR landscapeing
05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Whats the bounty Price?

my thought exactly ill string him up for u if i find him.you might be a back pack short on the trailer thou cause i could use one

sfddelta1
05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
we would pay a grand for information leading to the arrest or location of the truck and equipment. It would be worth the loss of the backpack for him to get strung up.

thanks
guys

Stillwater
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
we would pay a grand for information leading to the arrest or location of the truck and equipment. It would be worth the loss of the backpack for him to get strung up.

thanks
guys

LOjack would have been cheaper

SuperDuty335
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
What kind of guys do you hire?:hammerhead:

cpel2004
05-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Superduty what a dumb a** question. Your are no better then any of us. If your in this business long enough you will have it happen to you maybe not a entire truck and trailer but alot of other stuff. Please dont come on here pretending like your better than any of us. To answer question he hires the same guys we all hire. No one is exempt blood suckers.

Stillwater
05-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Superduty what a dumb a** question. Your are no better then any of us. If your in this business long enough you will have it happen to you maybe not a entire truck and trailer but alot of other stuff. Please dont come on here pretending like your better than any of us. To answer question he hires the same guys we all hire. No one is exempt blood suckers.

I don't hire the same guys, in 30 plus years I never had capitol equipment taken if I ever had anything stolen I am not aware of it.

cpel2004
05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
That's funny I have worked for several top 50 corporations and they go through extensive background checks,verifications, credit checks and personal and business references and they still have a great degree of employee theft. I guess you have been very lucky or your doing something we all dont know about. But the point of the thread was to notify people about the theft not to criticize his hiring practices or make smart comments, Tex!

Stillwater
05-07-2008, 12:52 AM
That's funny I have worked for several top 50 corporations and they go through extensive background checks,verifications, credit checks and personal and business references and they still have a great degree of employee theft. I guess you have been very lucky or your doing something we all dont know about. But the point of the thread was to notify people about the theft not to criticize his hiring practices or make smart comments, Tex!

I hear ya. and fully agree but he really shouldn't have a issue recovering his equipment or at minimum finding the guy that took it. It was employee theft he has his numbers, his address, his complete name, his Social Security number and hopefully a photo copy of his drivers license and all his references that he checked when he hired the scum bag this shouldn't be a big deal and if the dirt bag hasn't been caught by now with this plethora of info he is required to have by law well then their is more to the story. We are not talking about a weedwacker or a hand held blower hear were talking about a complete rig so a question on hiring standards in this discourse is not inappropriate and should not be taken as criticism But I do agree with you for the most part

pondfishr
05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem. Memphis has got so bad people cut the catalytic converters out from under cars at night. Most everyone I know has had their car broken into and many restaurants and groceries have armed guards. What is the world coming to??

kleankutslawn
05-09-2008, 05:31 AM
any luck yet?

sfddelta1
05-09-2008, 08:53 AM
No luck yet. We just hired a investigator to track the gentleman down. Since the local police as of yesterday have not been out to this gentleman's house in the city or his house in the county or realy done much of his anything other than run a cqhon him.

To answer the question as to who we hire. This gentleman came with high recommendation from a subcontractor who has done a lot of work for us over the years. However before we hire anyone else they will submit to a background check since we found out from the police that this gentleman just got out of the pen for grand theft auto. We have had two people apply this week that have backed out of the hiring process when they were advised we required a background check.

We have over 20 employees working for us in two different states and nothing on this scale has ever happened before. We had a employee in 03 try to hock 2 backpacks, 2 trimmers, and a edger. He was caught rather quickly.

DBL
05-09-2008, 09:43 AM
wow i hope your using that term gentleman really lightly because he is far from it

RD 12
05-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem. Memphis has got so bad people cut the catalytic converters out from under cars at night. Most everyone I know has had their car broken into and many restaurants and groceries have armed guards. What is the world coming to??

Third World Country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sfddelta1
05-11-2008, 12:21 PM
yes i am using that term loosely. My aunt was sitting next to a tv producer from spike tv this week on airplane flying into memphis. He is doing a documentry on crime in memphis and he told her that if people knew what he knew they would not even drive in memphis.

Mike Leary
05-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Guys we had a employee take off with our 1995 F350 crew cab long wheel base white in color in the memphis tn area. Pulling a black trailer he has assorted string trimmers, backpack blowers, and a honda comercial push mower.

Might have helped if we had the plate # of the rig & trailer.

BIGJIMBEEM
05-11-2008, 04:36 PM
yEP MEMPHIS HAS GOTTEN PRETTY BAD OVER THE YEARS. I lived there for 17 years before i got the hell out. I hope you have better luck in the future. My futur brother in lawn does the bed curbing there and memphis and as we all know sooner or later something is gonna turn up missing. We all hope it doesn't but more than likely it will. Good luck

sfddelta1
05-22-2008, 06:03 PM
truck was found in memphis pretty torn up but found and equipment is starting to turn up in pawn shops. He pawned the stuff under his own name

landscaper22
05-22-2008, 10:39 PM
truck was found in memphis pretty torn up but found and equipment is starting to turn up in pawn shops. He pawned the stuff under his own name
Thanks for the update. I hate the truck was torn up. They still have not found the guy yet? It would be great if you could catch up with him before the police :angry: :hammerhead:.

BillyRgn
05-23-2008, 11:30 AM
that's sad that someone gets that desperate and has to do something that extreme, i am shore you probably would have helped him out if he asked right ? every once in a while one of my guys approaches me and explains that there in a jam and i have never had to turn them away,i will either give them some extra hours working around the shop or just a straight up advance in pay if they need it and have them work it off over the next few weeks . i'm sure your a reasonable business man and value your employee's, it's sure is sad that someone has to go to an extreme like this, it most likely must have something to do with drugs right? for him to use his own name at the pawn shop it must have been related to drugs, not to mention he defiantly didn't't get much for the equipment, because a pawn shop will only give you a quarter to a third of the value at the most. i had a friend who's employee pawned a brand new shindiawa 630 back pack (one week old) and a fairly new shindiawa P260 power broom and only got one hundred bucks for the two. try to get the guy some help after you kick his a**