PDA

View Full Version : updated Triton vs Turbo Force and why?

tb8100
05-06-2008, 02:46 PM
what are the advantages of the Triton over the Turbo Force? How about for the Turbo Force over the Triton? Please, keep responses factual and report firsthand experiences with either or both. I know the Triton spindles have quad bearings, but aside from spindles. Pulleys, strength, etc feedback would be fine too. Thanks!

tacoma200
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM
If you go by the hundreds (thousands) of post I have read "Nothing". It is so rare to hear a complaint on the Tubo Force. Triton seems to be a love it or hate it deck. Even after being on the market for several years some just do not like the Triton and others swear by it. The Turbo Force seems to be a very good deck with few complaints, but few rave reviews either. That's just my take. I think Toro would be more popular if they promoted themselves like Exmark. The name Exmark just draws a lot of attention.

tb8100
05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
If you go by the hundreds (thousands) of post I have read "Nothing". It is so rare to hear a complaint on the Tubo Force. Triton seems to be a love it or hate it deck. Even after being on the market for several years some just do not like the Triton and others swear by it. The Turbo Force seems to be a very good deck with few complaints, but few rave reviews either. That's just my take. I think Toro would be more popular if they promoted themselves like Exmark. The name Exmark just draws a lot of attention.

Tacoma, what do you personally think about the Triton? How has it done for you?

Does anybody know if the Triton decks have a toolless adjustable discharge opening like Toro?

DillonsLawnCare
05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
no, they don't have it. and everyone i talk to about it, they say they never use it and its not nescessary.

bigw
05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Tacoma, what do you personally think about the Triton? How has it done for you?

Does anybody know if the Triton decks have a toolless adjustable discharge opening like Toro?

I just got out of my Triton deck lazer z and am waiting to pick up my new Toro Z master either tomorrow or the next day,which i have also used a demo today. All i can tell you is that my Triton deck sucked if you ask me.

It would "dump" clippings in bunches like 12-15 inches away from the chute {not actual chute took that off} it would always leave a mess of clippings especially when wet and the turbo force does not.

The turbo force shoots the clippings into the last pass area or further. The Triton deck is much heavier and robs the engine power if you ask me also. Anyway i just like the Toro Z master better then the Exmark even though Toro owns exmark they are still different in many ways.

tb8100
05-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Did you actually have an updated model? I've heard of some dealers still selling old Exmark mowers with the old deck as 2008 models...

bigw
05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Did you actually have an updated model? I've heard of some dealers still selling old Exmark mowers with the old deck as 2008 models...

yes all my updates were done before i bought it and it still sucked!

TNT LawnCare Inc.
05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Exmarks Ultra-cut Deck is hter best in my opinion and always will be. The triton deck seems to not throw the grass like the Ultra-cut. The turbo force deck will even throw wet grass very well.

Frue
05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Well I must chime in on this one. Turbo force is hands down the best cutting deck period.
The next closest is the ultra cut. Now the down side I dont know what it is but the pumps or the wheel moters on the toro seem sluggish compared to the exmark.

Triton is a debackle in PA pur crap. I have used and owned exmark and toro I have nothing to say bad about the turbo force.

BIGW make sure you get the turbo force deck with adjustable baffle.

tb8100
05-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Well I must chime in on this one. Turbo force is hands down the best cutting deck period.
The next closest is the ultra cut. Now the down side I dont know what it is but the pumps or the wheel moters on the toro seem sluggish compared to the exmark.

Triton is a debackle in PA pur crap. I have used and owned exmark and toro I have nothing to say bad about the turbo force.

how about in Southern grasses like in Texas and Oklahoma?

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Even my exmark dealer told me to stay away from the triton. Now whats that tell ya?

Frue
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I dont know I will never own another one. I heard they are good down your way.

TandM
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Triton is good down here but the turboforce and the velocity are the best in my opinion better lift for the st.augustine bahia and centipede we cut down here in Georgia.

jaybird24
05-06-2008, 10:39 PM
I love the turbo force. Never had a cut like it before. Unless the grass is really out of control I never have to double cut. If I do though I have found finish trimming and blowing and give it a chance to dry, double cutting wet clippings turns them to spinach.

bigw
05-06-2008, 10:45 PM

Thats the one i am getting with the A B C adjustments

delphied
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I just got out of my Triton deck lazer z and am waiting to pick up my new Toro Z master either tomorrow or the next day,which i have also used a demo today. All i can tell you is that my Triton deck sucked if you ask me.

It would "dump" clippings in bunches like 12-15 inches away from the chute {not actual chute took that off} it would always leave a mess of clippings especially when wet and the turbo force does not.

The turbo force shoots the clippings into the last pass area or further. The Triton deck is much heavier and robs the engine power if you ask me also. Anyway i just like the Toro Z master better then the Exmark even though Toro owns exmark they are still different in many ways.

I have a 66 with updates and it shoots clippings 2 deck widths but if I open the adjustable opening, they dont shoot very far. I like my Triton even if its not the fashionable thing to say.

Cooter
05-07-2008, 02:37 AM
I think the 66" deck must cut better than the others. What about the 50", or the 72"? The 66" that I had demoed did fairly well. Not as well as the 7 Iron or the Scag in the tall or wet grass though. Those who are commenting on either one of these should state the deck size.

Frue
05-07-2008, 06:01 AM
I had the 56 yuk yuk. I know 2 guys who have the 66 and seems ok for them they are not complaining.

PTP
05-07-2008, 08:27 AM
how about in Southern grasses like in Texas and Oklahoma?

I cut mostly bermuda and am very pleased with the Turbo Force. It cuts just as good as the Quick 36 in good conditions and I have never used anything better in overgrown/wet conditions.

jaybird24
05-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Turbo Force 52" and 60", both cut equally well, 52 seems to get more buildup under the deck, 60" is always clean.

Country
05-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I've got the 46 Triton and the cut is awesome! Of all the complaints I've read, I don't have any of them. We don't see many Toro's around here so I can't comment on that, but the Triton I have is great and it easily throws clippings 2 deck widths away. No clumping under the deck and it disperses the clippings nice, thin and even.

I really don't understand all the complaints. I'm cutting (mostly) tall fescue at 3", front baffle one hole showing and the discharge baffle closed as far as it will go. The lawns look excellent when I'm done and I get nothing but complements...

tb8100
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
so far I have yet to see a Texas or Oklahoma cutter complaining about the Triton.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
05-07-2008, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Frue;2309699]Well I must chime in on this one. Turbo force is hands down the best cutting deck period.

Iam talking about just Exmark ! The ultra -cut is Exmarks best cutting Deck. Of course the Turbo-force deck is Better !

whoopassonthebluegrass
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I have a 36" Turboforce. Waaaay better than the old SFS...

BUT, I have to scrape my deck all of the freaking time!! Seriously!! In the spring, right now, I can't make it more than 2 or 3 lawns before I have to clean it up because it's bogging down and leaving an uncut strip due to buildup...

I like it, for sure... but it's not perfect.

tacoma200
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
so far I have yet to see a Texas or Oklahoma cutter complaining about the Triton.

And you probably won't. Most of the problems have been further North with various cool season grasses. The updated deck was suppose to alleviate the cutting problems so I'm not sure why we still have complaints, but we do. I mean they are bringing back the Ultra Cut on Lazers for some reason. There are a few that just aren't happy with the Triton but I would say a large percentage are satisfied. It takes a long time to compare decks. I spent two months with a Lazer and Hustler side by side checking the cut, taking pictures, etc. A deck can cut one lawn fine and do poorly on the one down the street. So many variables. The grass was dry today so I used a Lazer Ultra Cut instead of the Scag Velocity. Much smoother cut with dry moderate growth lawns. After the rain I'll probably switch back.

Frue
05-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I have heard of alot of build up on the smaller turbo force decks. I think the overall problem with the triton is simply to much deck depth for how a exmark cuts.

tomo
05-08-2008, 06:01 AM
hello,
opinion on turbo force deck
cuts all my good lawns well
if u cut some less than perfect lawns t/force is perfect ,very durable
7 guage top and sides triton 10gu top and 7 guage sides
grounds master [H.Duty] spindles are now standard on toro
cast iron spindle triton alloy
tapered roller spindle bearings triton ball bearings
1 1/4 spindle triton 1 inch

The adjustable baffle can be removed for an even bigger chute size

The positives for triton are available in the inbetween sizes eg 66 inch
It is also 6 or 6 1/2 deep good for high volume of clippings etc

tomo:waving:

mhussey
05-08-2008, 07:28 AM
hello,
opinion on turbo force deck
cuts all my good lawns well
if u cut some less than perfect lawns t/force is perfect ,very durable
7 guage top and sides triton 10gu top and 7 guage sides
grounds master [H.Duty] spindles are now standard on toro
cast iron spindle triton alloy
tapered roller spindle bearings triton ball bearings
1 1/4 spindle triton 1 inch

The adjustable baffle can be removed for an even bigger chute size

The positives for triton are available in the inbetween sizes eg 66 inch
It is also 6 or 6 1/2 deep good for high volume of clippings etc

tomo:waving:

Tomo,

I had thought about doing this. Have you done this before? If so what has been the results?

I have a customer, even though they are a good paying customer, however they are a little lazy at the first of spring. They let there grass go to long before they tell me to come. I will call to try and put a bug in their ear, but it just don't work. When I get there I have thick lush grass up to my foot rest of my mower. When this happens I think of removing the adjustable baffle for added discharge area.

delphied
05-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Tomo,

I had thought about doing this. Have you done this before? If so what has been the results?

I have a customer, even though they are a good paying customer, however they are a little lazy at the first of spring. They let there grass go to long before they tell me to come. I will call to try and put a bug in their ear, but it just don't work. When I get there I have thick lush grass up to my foot rest of my mower. When this happens I think of removing the adjustable baffle for added discharge area.

With my 66 Triton, the more closed, the further the grass goes. The best way to deal with the problem you have though, is to get rid of that PITA customer.

mhussey
05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
With my 66 Triton, the more closed, the further the grass goes. The best way to deal with the problem you have though, is to get rid of that PITA customer.

Well, they aren't really a PITA. However, they just get a little lazy at the first of the year it seems. They never complain about nothing, they absolutely love my work. It's just they don't realize how much moisture is stored in that grass. Also it seems their whole yard stay's wet. They are right near a creek, and they are on a slight incline. Water just filters down into them causing their lawn to be wet most of the time.

Do you leave your discharge in the closed position all time including spring? I have never tried because I would think it would clog and clump real bad. So I just leave mine in the open (A) position in spring then when it get's dryer I start easing it to C.