PDA

View Full Version : Top Choice Issues

lawnspecialties
05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
This is my third year applying Top Choice. It's been 3-4 weeks since my apps and I'm finding a few new very active mounds. This is my first year with this problem. We did have some heavy rains between then and now but I'm not happy about this. I bought some Advion today and I'm hoping this is just a fluke.

Anyone else had this issue?

mowtime
05-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Ls,
Took about 3.5 weeks but now mounds are almost showing no activity. The one mound with activity the critters have the shakes, I thought they would never die. all of the recent rains most have delayed the process

NOOB
05-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Where do you buy the Top Choice When I worked for Trugreen they use it had it on my lawn for 2 years now more fire ants great product. where to purchase?

bug-guy
05-08-2008, 07:00 AM
topchioce for ants can take more than 4 wks to work you have to understand the chemistry. we use to treat active mounds seperatly at the time of app

lawnspecialties
05-08-2008, 07:29 AM
topchioce for ants can take more than 4 wks to work you have to understand the chemistry. we use to treat active mounds seperatly at the time of app

This may be what I have to do from now on. The Advion is supposed to work within 24-72 hours but I can't find any claims as to how long it lasts. I'm guessing next year I'll have to apply both; TopChoice for overall broadcasting and Advion for spot treatments.

Everything's getting more and more expensive.:dizzy:

Ric
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Yo

Top Choice on high pH sandy soil doesn't have the residual advertised. In fact I had failure at 4 to 5 months. I no longer use Top Choice.

NOOB
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
And where can you buy? and how much?

gregory
05-08-2008, 04:43 PM
ric i have had good luck with it at my house got 9-10 months out of it..just put some more down this past march or april can't remember...put it down last year and it lasted until i got an outbreak in march or end of feb.

you should be able to buy some at lesco or pro source one or UAP..i got mine from pro source they were like 30.00 a bag cheaper then lesco.....my price on the site was the same as pro source but when i called they told me 30.00 more was my cost they said they had a price increase...

NOOB
05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
so what is the website for pro source I couldnt find it

lawnspecialties
05-08-2008, 07:08 PM
And where can you buy? and how much?

In addition to Lesco and JD landscapes, check with your larger fertilizer and pesticide dealers. Top Choice is getting so popular, it's showing up pretty much everywhere.

I paid a little over $150 each for 50lb. bags.

Ric
05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
ric i have had good luck with it at my house got 9-10 months out of it..just put some more down this past march or april can't remember...put it down last year and it lasted until i got an outbreak in march or end of feb.

you should be able to buy some at lesco or pro source one or UAP..i got mine from pro source they were like 30.00 a bag cheaper then lesco.....my price on the site was the same as pro source but when i called they told me 30.00 more was my cost they said they had a price increase...

Karl

Your house being more east or inland should have better results with Top Choice than my customer right on the water and nothing but sand. A few years back I had several failures with Merit. Gary Pagano the PhD rep for Bayer came to talk with me about the Failures and ended up giving me 6 bags of the most expensive Merit I ever had given to me. BTW Bayer no longer guarantees Merit in my area. But I nailed Him about Top Choice and he quickly agreed it was not for sandy soil that lacked CEC. I also Nailed him about the big price difference between Top Choice and Over N Out, same stuff sold to homeowner at a much lesser price. He tried to dance with the lower AI theory. But I point out the math to him and he quickly folded with a "I don't know"