PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With A Pressure Washer Question

kturf
05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
looking to set up a pressure washer trailer have a few pressure washers and a 250 gal tank 1 pressure washer is a troy build 3000 psi and 2.7 gal per min second pressure washer is a katcher 2600 psi and third is a john Deere 38000 4.0 gal per min . My question is can i run the tank with just gravity pulling the water to the Pressure washers or do i need some kinda pump to push water from the tank to the pressure washers. I don't want to ruin any of the pressure washers .Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

Happy Frog
05-08-2008, 01:35 AM
You'll be fine gravity feeding any of them. Keep the John Deere and get rid of the other though....

kturf
05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks happy so all i need is for the gravity to feed the pressure washer do the pressure washers suck the water also

Happy Frog
05-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Some commercial pumps (belt driven) can suction feed but direct drive pumps like the one you have need to get positive pressure on the feed line.
Get rid of anything less than 4.0 gallon per minute, they do more bad than good and can't be used for any commercial job.
Check out http://www.pressuretek.com

DAFFMOBILEWASH
05-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Use as large as possible hose up to the washer. Keep the pump as low as possible and don't forget the strainer. Plus the shorter the feeder line the better. Not sure on the system but try to run a return line back to the tank off the unloader. This will aid in keeping the pump cool and last 200x's longer. With this trick you can start up the washer put the wand down and take a nap. NO DAMMAGE to the pump.

DAFF

Barry M
05-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Running a hose from the bypass back to the buffer tank is the best thing I ever did.

CCPC
06-22-2008, 03:41 AM
Running a hose from the bypass back to the buffer tank is the best thing I ever did.

Me to Barry. I love not having to worry about the pump overheating. :dancing: