PDA

View Full Version : How many weeks in Florida (Contract)

Nelson
12-13-2001, 07:48 PM
I was wondering If anybody that lives in Florida, can tell me how many times they put on a contract as far as visits?

I want to start this coming up spring to put any new customers on Yearly contracts. Just wondering what would be a good number?

I tried "Search", but nothing that really gave me any numbers.

Also I want to thank everybody on this site & Lawnsite itself for all the good Info. I am one of the fortunate ones who has been blessed with this website. I am sure that alot were not so blessed when they were starting thier Lawn Service. Thanks Again...................
:)

KDJ
12-13-2001, 08:13 PM
I myself only have contracts for St Augustine grasses that have some form of irrigation. These lots I figure 46 cuts a year. A well maintained lawn in the summer may have to be cut every four days.

Bahi grasses I do per cut.

TJLC
12-13-2001, 08:50 PM
I base my mowing contracts on " up to 36 cuts per year". Anything over that is priced per cut. I personally don't put irrigated yards on contracts. I seem to come out better per cut on those. That's my opinion, for my area, others will vary.

chicks-dig-lawn-guys
12-13-2001, 09:08 PM
My average amount of cuts on each lawn this year has been 28 with my own service. However, the guy I am working for bases his by so many cuts a month. Summer gets once a week while winter usually gets once a month. The spring and fall are usually 2 or 3 cuts. It's all in how the customer feels is right for them.

No Sweat L/C
12-13-2001, 09:21 PM
I usally average 42-44 cuts here in Central Florida. I cut weekly from April though Dec. In the winter I cut every-other week. Even just to make some tracks in the grass or mulch up some Oak leaves.
I have gotten new accounts in the winter becouse some of the other guys don't cut as often in the winter or start every-other week in Oct.

I don't use contracts, I give all new accounts a written proposial of what they will get from my services. A good hand shake has always worked for me.

WLC
12-14-2001, 01:54 AM
I'm about 5 hours directly due west from you off of I-10. My residentials are 32 - 36 visits/yr, dependant upon the amount of trees.

GrassChopper
12-14-2001, 07:32 AM
I base mine on 40 cuts per year. I cut every week April - October. Every other week November - March.

I am eliminating the per cut accounts, either by changing them to monthly or dropping them.

sheppard
12-14-2001, 07:51 AM
My residentials are 22 visits. Most commercials are 30 + depending on their hot points.

Cordially,
Sheppard

Fantasy Lawns
12-14-2001, 11:43 AM
Mowing: (42-40 visits each year)

Growing Season: April through October: Mowing of all turf areas once a week, with a mulching mower in varying patterns to minimize rutting, removal of 1/3 blade height.

Dormant Season: November through March: Mowing of all turf areas once every other week or as needed to maintain a neat overall appearance.

mowerparts
12-20-2001, 10:02 PM
On St Aug grass anywhere from 40 to 46 cuts. On Bahaia 30-36 cuts per year. When bidding allways ask how many cuts per year.:blob3:

Ric
12-20-2001, 10:27 PM
38 to 46 weather pending your area will be different. I cut zone 10A