PDA

View Full Version : How to get blood off of pavers...O.J.?

exmarkdude
05-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a customer that we installed a brick patio for and the DOG got blood all over it when it went hunting for rabbits..any ideas how to get rid of the blood?

kturf
05-08-2008, 09:27 PM
try hydrogenproxide or wd40 has worked for me before

csl
05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
what type of paver patio is it? we use a lot of tumbled stone, and have a tool that we use for rubbing stone. dont know what its called, we buy them at the supplier, but if we accidently mark something wrong its great for removal.

JFF
05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Muratic acid won't work on brick?

Stillwater
05-09-2008, 01:10 PM
ask OJ...........

DAFFMOBILEWASH
05-09-2008, 11:56 PM
What about simple bleach/chlorine?? Good question. Never had to clean up blood.

Firefighter337
05-10-2008, 12:25 AM
coca cola or similar product. It is used by police officers sometimes to dilute dried blood from hard surfaces after wrecks, etc.

Pour on, let sit, then wash away. I have seen it done, but it was on fresh blood (between 1 - 24 hours)

Good luck.

http://members.tripod.com/~Barefoot_Lass/cola.html

about half way down, under title "too much information"

slowleak1
05-17-2008, 02:20 AM
coca cola. best thing ever for blood. we also use this at out FD too

Platinum Service
05-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Blood is a living organism and should be cleaned up with an enzyme detergent. Tide or any other detergent that says it works on grass stains will do the job. All other methods simply work by softening the dried up blood and washing them away. That's fine on a dark color where any remaining residue wont be noticed but on a light color only an enzyme will get rid of everything every time. soak the spot sprinkle detergent agitate with a stiff push broom keep it wet for about 15 to 20 minutes and wash the mess away.

DBL
05-18-2008, 04:34 PM
coca cola or similar product. It is used by police officers sometimes to dilute dried blood from hard surfaces after wrecks, etc.

Pour on, let sit, then wash away. I have seen it done, but it was on fresh blood (between 1 - 24 hours)

Good luck.

http://members.tripod.com/~Barefoot_Lass/cola.html

about half way down, under title "too much information"

ive seen it done as well and it does work