PDA

View Full Version : PG Whee

RigglePLC
05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Ever had this happen? Ready to start the motor. I am standing on my Permagreen Ultra, which is on my spreader caddy, on a slight slant. I shift into neutral. And whoosh! Me and machine roll down the ramp backwards at an amazing speed. Glad there wasn't a parked car or pool behind me.

jbturf
05-09-2008, 10:03 PM
why dont you run it in reverse down the ramp?
i remember when i used to use the hitch caddy deal,
i would walk behind machine to load/unload

are you using the PG caddy?

RigglePLC
05-10-2008, 08:51 AM
I am using the caddy built by a local welding shop. Ebbling's. I finally got smart and start the machine (now that it starts with the electric starter) in reverse. Gun the throttle to back down the ramp. (The neutral safety switch fell off long ago). But last week I accidentally shifted into neutral--scary.

In the old days I had to start it in neutral. With the parking brake on. Very difficult to reach down and release the brake. While keeping strong pressure on the brake with my right foot.

jbturf
05-10-2008, 09:24 AM
i guess good thing the machine stayed straight
and didnt veer of the ramps and land on top of you

i know how squirley they handle in reverse,
especialy with weight in the machine,

gets me thinkin of the time a couple years ago
when my PG catapaulted me, i had just filled the
hopper and tank, and was treating a slope area-
got to a some what steep section heading on my down pass
and the machine went right over forward and tossed
me about 10' into the woodsl=.

i was fine and can laugh about it now-- it must of looked
pretty wild
i had my hopper cover on and didnt spill anything- luckily

Josh

sclawndr
05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Ever had this happen? Ready to start the motor. I am standing on my Permagreen Ultra, which is on my spreader caddy, on a slight slant. I shift into neutral. And whoosh! Me and machine roll down the ramp backwards at an amazing speed. Glad there wasn't a parked car or pool behind me.

Okay, someone has to ask - why would you stand on the thing and try to start it? On a slant yet. It's not even easy to start while you're on it. The only safe way to start the machine is with a foot behind the rear wheel to keep it from moving. It would be different if PGs had brakes but as we all know, that's never going to happen.