PDA

View Full Version : another tenacity ?

jbturf
05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
got an email from syngenta stating
that tenacity herbi would be available
with T&O labeling in MA in 2009 season

anyone have it available now in your state?

any idea on pricing?

saw a price online of like 700/gal

Grandview
05-09-2008, 10:13 PM
It has a golf course label now. I would like to see a residential turf label. A herbicide with many uses. It has post and pre emergence activity.

greendoctor
05-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Would be good to have on residential centipede and st augustine lawns. While they are at it, I think they are limiting the marketablity of this product and many others by putting this out in a pack that will cover 16-32 acres at a cost of $700+. I am not complaining about the cost, rather the overstock of herbicide. Please do not tell me there is no such thing as a 1 quart bottle. The moment Tenacity is sold in less than a gallon, sign me up. I maintain a number of centipede and st augustine lawns. Atrazine, Vantage and Image can only do so much. While I am on this subject, Syngenta is not the only one guilty of this. Dow sells Spotlight in a gallon. Why is Turflon only sold in a 21/2? I actually have a use for Turflon ester to control bermuda in zoysia when tank mixed with Acclaim or Fusilade. However, I am not needing to do this over 10 acres.

RigglePLC
05-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Dr Green, I had the same problem, bermuda in ryegrass in Michigan. Turflon is triclopyr, so I finally used Ortho Brush B Gone(triclopyr) plus Aclaim. Did not work well--bermuda is still there.

greendoctor
05-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Dr Green, I had the same problem, bermuda in ryegrass in Michigan. Turflon is triclopyr, so I finally used Ortho Brush B Gone(triclopyr) plus Aclaim. Did not work well--bermuda is still there.

How much? Besides, that is tricopyr amine and not much of it. I would guess you will need 2 gallons of Brush-B-Gon per acre to equal 1 quart of Turflon ester. A quart or gallon of properly labeled Dow Turflon ester would help me. I only need to treat a few thousand sq ft at a time. I know there are some repackages of Turflon marketed to homeowners, but they do me no good. Not registered in this state and labeled as a consumer product.