PDA

View Full Version : Husquavnna mowers

V.H. lass
12-14-2001, 07:51 PM
I used the search and could not find anything on husquavanna mowers, I maybe spelling it wrong I don't know. Anyway has anyone used these mower or have anyone heard anything about these mowers.

BigJim
12-14-2001, 07:59 PM
www.husqvarna.com/

Bunton Guy
12-14-2001, 08:32 PM
Spelling it have way right will help when it comes to searching :angel:

awm
12-14-2001, 10:02 PM
that looks like the first time i tried to spell it. as what it sounds like,aint it . check out their ztr ive demoed several and they handled very much like the very popular hustler. course u would have to have them both on the same lot to really compare . dont think the colors quite as pretty,but that dont cut the grass:)
also ive heard from a sales person that their basic design is the one kees had. let us know what u find out.

scottb
12-14-2001, 10:05 PM
I have a job interview at Husqvarna Forest & Garden in Charlotte Monday morning. I was down there today they have a sales room show room parts department that was the most awesome site. Wall to wall chainsaws, weedeaters,hedgeclippers,mowers argg.argg, Tim the TOOLMAN would have been in heaven I know I was.

lawn jockey
12-15-2001, 05:05 AM
I have their 36"wb I love it! It's a qaulity machine. It stripes like crazy!! As for the z's I dont know but if it's anything like their wb It's a great buy!

Lawn Dog2001
12-15-2001, 10:20 AM
What kind of mower are you looking for VH lass?

captdevo
12-15-2001, 10:32 AM
Click this:

Husky (http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=51068&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

mowerman90
12-15-2001, 01:17 PM
V.H.Lass

I just bought one of their 52" ZTR's with a 23hp Kawi on it. I've owned a couple of Toro Z's and 2 Grasshoppers (one Kohler 20hp & 1 Kubota 25hp gas) since 1987 and the fastest, best cutting, most comfortable mower I've ever owned is my new Husqvarna. The quality of cut is absolutely outstanding. I have the mulching kit on it because I mow only St Augustine grasses here in W Central FL. It can mow through heavy thick grass (like over the septic tank) and not leave rows or clumps and doesn't bog down. It is by far the best mower I've ever riden. After 13 years of using Echo 2501 and 2601 trimmers I bought a Husqy 325 L trimmer and guess what, same as the ZTR, absolutely the lightest most powerful trimmer in it's class to me. If I'm starting to sound like a commercial, well, I'm sorry. But I am really impressed with their products. Did I mention my dealer is also first class!!!!

sheppard
12-15-2001, 06:00 PM
My demo was solid on the 60 " some weeks back. The only thing I did not like was the blow back from the high lift blade up and over the front left castor wheel. It was the dirtiest I ever got on a Z.

Hit a tennis court pole (metal) going 8-10 mph and did not mess up anything on the mower. Bounced back at least a foot- nearly flew out of my seat.

The high lift blades sucked up a garder hose (yes I was having a bad day) and wrapped it around the blades et al. It was easy to access and dislodge.

Tested it again with gators on it a few weeks back. My impression was altogether positive. Should buy a Z by the end of January. It's down to Hustler, Snapper and Husqvarna (maybe Wright Stander).

Cordially,
Sheppard

Lawn Man 5
03-24-2002, 06:48 PM
I curently have a 48in belt drive husqvarna with a 15 horse Kohler on it and I absolutely love it. I bought it knew last year for about 2800.00 with a bagger. haven't had 1 problem with it.

Greenie
03-24-2002, 07:16 PM
I have had great luck with Husqvarna chain and brush saws, but a walk behind push mower made by Husqvarna has given us problems. If the mower is tipped too much backwards - especially when unloading it from a pick up, the oil flows somewhere where it isn't supposed to and creates a hydrostatic lock. One pull on the starter cord and the flywheel pin is sheered.

eslawns
03-24-2002, 11:32 PM
I've had good luck with them since 95, when I got my first commercial trimmer (a 125L) I've had 2 of mine for over 4 years, and they are still as awesome as ever. Last season I got a 48" ZTR and it's awesome also. Demo'd the larger machine but it was more than I needed.