PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Hits $4.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawn king
05-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Its just a matter of time now until the truckers pull over and shut down their rigs! You will see the cost of diesel drop big time, when commerce comes to standstill in this country!

greendoctor
05-11-2008, 02:55 PM
It is $4.40 here in Hawaii. I agree, it is only a matter of time before putting surcharges on diesel and subsidizing the price of gasoline comes around and bites everyone. I never agreed with making gas cheaper than what it actually costs and encouraging gas guzzlers.

Ric
05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Yo Guys

The old 3rd world is now the new Industrial Age Giant. Our Politician's and Corporate America has sold our country down the river all in the name of greed. We are no longer the bread basket of the world. The USA one time agriculture giant in now 3rd in Fertilizer usage behind # 2 Brazil and # 1 China. Argentine Beef has been supplying world markets for a long time now. Ask yourself "When was the last time you bought something made entirely in America???" Don't answer tomatoes because they are grown with Chlordane in Latin America.

Looking closer to home. The Gulf of Mexico off the Florida Coast is actually oozing cruel oil for years from large untouched pool of oil. China in conjunction with Cuba is slant drilling for that oil the GREEN PEOPLE and BIG OIL won't let us touch. Google Gull Island Oil and Prudhoe Bay Oil. What about Montana and North Dakota oil?? And the list of smaller oil fields inside this country goes on.

No great power has ever been developed or maintained by GLOBALIZATION It was COLONALIZATION that made every world power in the History of man.

gregory
05-11-2008, 04:24 PM
well said ric.most freight companys put a fuel surcharge on freight now......this will make price of goods go up and keep going up...hell 2 weeks ago we had a 18% price increase in brake drums that was over one weekend if diesel goes up more i am sure we will see more.........

its funny you talk about drilling for oil down in south florida..my parnets moved down here in 1973 b/c my dad drilled for oil down here..drilled for oil in the everglands and drilled for oil in immokalee....the one day in the mid to early 80's everything was shut down and he lost his job.........i think the powers to be need to sit down and do some hard thinking.......the goverment is cutting jobs what about cutting foreign aid? lets not do that lets put an american out of work b/c we don't have the money b/c its being sent over seas.....

Ric
05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
well said ric.most freight companys put a fuel surcharge on freight now......this will make price of goods go up and keep going up...hell 2 weeks ago we had a 18% price increase in brake drums that was over one weekend if diesel goes up more i am sure we will see more.........

its funny you talk about drilling for oil down in south florida..my parnets moved down here in 1973 b/c my dad drilled for oil down here..drilled for oil in the everglands and drilled for oil in immokalee....the one day in the mid to early 80's everything was shut down and he lost his job.........i think the powers to be need to sit down and do some hard thinking.......the goverment is cutting jobs what about cutting foreign aid? lets not do that lets put an american out of work b/c we don't have the money b/c its being sent over seas.....

gregory

It was the mid 80's when Oil prices were down to $ 35 a barrel. Houston was a Ghost Town and the whole country was just coming out of a recession. Big Oil was hit late in that recession and East Texas & Louisiana Big Oil weren't hit until the late Mid 80's.

Yep I got Screwed out of Mineral rights in the Mid 80's Oil shut down because of Low prices. I owned 100 Acres (Flood Land) in Louisiana that I grew hay on. Hay be very very good to me. But the Well being drilled with in sight of my land was Mysteriously shut down right after we had a lot of oil mist in the air that ruined a crop of hay. I retired from the State of Louisiana in 1987 and moved back to Florida I held the Mineral rights until 2002 when they passed to the new owner under Louisiana law. I sold on land contract because interest rates where at a all time high then. The property remained in my name for 5 years under a balloon type contract. A former owner can only hold mineral rights for 10 years. However if a Mineral is harvested during that time the Mineral rights stay mine. To my Knowledge they are not pumping from the Tuscaloosa Trend which was under my property as of now.

BTW I have a relative now retired from Exxon after 31 years in a management position. I know of several large pools of oil in this country. I am sure he knows more than he tells.

DBL
05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Its just a matter of time now until the truckers pull over and shut down their rigs! You will see the cost of diesel drop big time, when commerce comes to standstill in this country!

its sad that thats what it might take but along with diesel even my gas trucks and equipment are making me hurt almost as bad as my diesels

moores
05-11-2008, 07:42 PM
yea this is getting way out of hand diesel 4.59 here in RI

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
When was the last time you bought something made entirely in America???

scag

PSUTURFGEEK
05-11-2008, 08:14 PM
With how much slower diesel burns than gasoline it's still about a dollar cheaper per gallon when you do the math. I know it does still suck ass.

gregory
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
With how much slower diesel burns than gasoline it's still about a dollar cheaper per gallon when you do the math. I know it does still suck ass.

but anything you buy with a diesel engine in it cost more then the gas version...

humble1
05-11-2008, 08:47 PM

thats what we need, if the truckers stop everything does ood, gas etc. imagine trying to be a trucker spend over a grand to fill your rig each time:cry:

GravelyNut
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
....Don't answer tomatoes because they are grown with Chlordane in Latin America.

Not the ones that grow about 1/2 mile south of the house. Imokalee still grows alot of tomatoes each year also. They get shipped here for packing also.

As for the Suniland oil field, it is still producing as far as I can tell.

Ric
05-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Not the ones that grow about 1/2 mile south of the house. Imokalee still grows alot of tomatoes each year also. They get shipped here for packing also.

As for the Suniland oil field, it is still producing as far as I can tell.

Gravely Nut

One place Imokalee Tomatoes DON"T go is to Burger King. But by your very reply, you seem to be totally missing my point.

cpel2004
05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
What is the breaking point for our customers how much are they willing to pay? Gas prices having been increasing for the last seven years and they dont seem to be slowing down. What are we going to do. Im starting to plan my exit strategy, now!

hef37087
05-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Not to get political here, but what was your finances like before the war started? What was your situation like when Clinton was in office? Don't know about you, but I was better off then. Gas was way under $2.00. Diesel was under $1.50.

cpel2004
05-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Ok I see where you are going with this. Before I start, Im neither Rep or Dem. Bill Clinton gets alot of undeserved credit. Clinton was lucky enough to be in office when the Internet boom hit the world. Alot of money was generated and Bill undeservedly gets all of the credit for this. To answer your question I was better off then than now, In all fairness to him he's a smarter man than GW, and some of his policies helped to balance the budget, but him and his wife are crooks and liars.

Most of the people that served in his cabinet has defected to the Obama campaign and there has to be a reason why. We dont need anymore corruption. He lied under oath, as a sitting president he lied under oath, enough said.

JacksonsLawnCare
05-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Its $ 4.40 and rising in NC But when they changed the fuel i lost 4-5 MPG in my 2003 duramax even with a programer. when i bought the truck in 2005 diesel was $1.69 a gallon and with the edge programmer i was geting 23-24 MPG in town with a load and ac blasting mowers cut for two days 40 accounts on 10 gallons adapt and adjust is all we can do i addded 25% to all bids and exsisting costomers no problems except for US Lawns low balling but no worries iam booked full till Jan 2009

phlandscaping
05-12-2008, 02:46 AM
I know a trucker who said that he is one of the only owners left of whatever it is that he transports... It's going to take it's toll! I don't know why I'm paying $4.40 a gallon for diesel anyway, so I'm getting a little beater to ride around in while not working... (25 mpg gasoline will def. be much much better than the current 19 mpg diesel!)

TLClandscaping
05-12-2008, 04:01 AM
I was on my way to bid on a job when I caught a talk show on the radio. The host was talking to a CEO or a spokes person at Shell. The host wanted to know why Shell had a profit of 30 billion dollars last year and why is that just not enough money for a corporation. Also something about our gov not taxing them enough.

I dont know about you all but, 30 billion in profit? Please, our gov has its foot in there filling up thier pockets, pisses me off to no end. THEN when another country is in trouble our gov goes farther in debt to send them money!! Why not help the needy Americans here!! Freakin gov sucks, all of them in my book. We cant even get health care for the working class cause all the...well I wont get into that, maybe piss off some members here, no disrespect to people here.

Ric
05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
I was on my way to bid on a job when I caught a talk show on the radio. The host was talking to a CEO or a spokes person at Shell. The host wanted to know why Shell had a profit of 30 billion dollars last year and why is that just not enough money for a corporation. Also something about our gov not taxing them enough.

I dont know about you all but, 30 billion in profit? Please, our gov has its foot in there filling up thier pockets, pisses me off to no end. THEN when another country is in trouble our gov goes farther in debt to send them money!! Why not help the needy Americans here!! Freakin gov sucks, all of them in my book. We cant even get health care for the working class cause all the...well I wont get into that, maybe piss off some members here, no disrespect to people here.

TLC

In defense of the Oil companies their ROI is horrible. That is Return On Investment. 30 Billion is actually a small return for the Trillions invested. Gas & Oil prices are determined by a series of People who all get their unfair share.

POPO4995
05-12-2008, 09:56 AM
$4.49 here for diesel.

cpel2004
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Yes the risk are great, but much of their R&D is subsidized by whom.... our government. Same with the Satelite Dish companies.

ETM
05-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not a tree hugger but we are about to start running Bio Diesel.I can make it for about $1.00 per gallon. Check it out on the web. Or I can go out of business. Diesel here today was $4.29. When we go bio I can save $1500 per month.

tlg
05-13-2008, 11:03 PM
$$$$$$$ 4.69 A GALLON HERE. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY THAT IT WOULD COST $ 150. TO FILL A PICK-UP TRUCK. AND THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. LOOKS LIKE I PICKED THE WRONG YEAR TO QUIT DRINKING.:drinkup:

lawn king
05-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Road fuel jumped a dime here yesterday! We are now at $4.60 and climbing!

DBL
05-14-2008, 08:38 PM
i havent seen it yet but im sure the dot is going to start dipping more tanks

lawn king
05-14-2008, 09:36 PM
F.F.C.O. federal fuel compliance officers. They are out there dipping tanks and you can bet they are finding lots of red fuel!

lawnguy26
05-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Were'nt all the truckers suppose to shut down on April 1st!? Yeah, that helped.

I was paying $4.09 then...now paying or payed $4.50 two days ago. Today, same gas station..$4.35. I'm seeing up a 25 cent difference per gallon per station in a matter of 1 mile. The fact that there isn't a nation wide price per gallon of fuel shows you how f'ed up we are. Think about it....................
........and no I'm not a communist.

Personally the diesel cost isn't hurting me as much as the fert cost. :cry::cry:

My Lesco rep says raising fert costs are due to limited resources of urea in china and more restrictions to mining not to mention the cost of shipping...blah...blah...blah. Does this sound right? ?

None the less..I'm no longer buying from Lesco...oohh sorry..John Deere Landscapes.

The worst part is I'm afraid to raise my prices because of the economy. I'm already losing loyal customers which love my service but need to cut the budget.

Oh well........I still made $60 an hour today. :usflag::usflag: and we can still make a damn good beer in this country.....'as he sips from his Bud Light' :drinkup:

lawn king
05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
We hit $4.69 today. Its kinda sad when i have to figure in $55. to $60. per day for tractor fuel on top of any tractor service estimate?

ampeg76
05-20-2008, 04:29 PM
first post was right on ric, cheers

Optimum Lawn
05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
$5.28 US gallon or $1.39 a litre I see here today ....OUCH
Gas is uhmm only $1.229 a litre for regular.

DeepGreenLawn
05-20-2008, 09:38 PM
I think I might be stocking up on my products just in case they do decide to stop transporting. That way I can still make money. Probably need to get a few barrels of diesel and gas so I can get around to make my money.

yeah they slowed down really slow, they need to just take their rigs and park them somewhere. Stop everything for about a day or so, I think the whole don't drill thing will take a back seat when they can't get any feul or food. Prices would rocket too though don't you think? The whole supply and demand, the supply would bottom out and the demand would leave the galaxy. But it might do the trick.

1cooltreeguy
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Uhhhhhmmmmm - are you talking about LIQUID GOLD?

deanslists
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
My husband is a trucker and last month here in Savannah they did shut down for 2 days, but unless you can get the whole country to do it together it will never work. With the fuel being so high (4.69 today) he is pretty much working to just pay for the fuel.
I agree with ETM, Bio diesel is the way to go. Just find a local restaurant who needs to get rid of there used oil, refine it and you are good to go.

lawn king
05-21-2008, 05:50 AM
Road fuel hit $4.75 here yesterday!

johnnie5
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
big deal

today down here in australia diesel was $1.80AUD per litre

IIRC a US gallon is 3.5 litres
so $6.30 AUD a gallon

current exchange rate is about $0.90 so $5.67 US per gallon

go back a few years when the exchange rate was only $0.50 and it was huge

strange thing is the price of oil has been going up and so has the exchange rate , you would think that the price of fuel would stay the same

now shall we talk about the price of diesel in europe ? ;)

BocaChris
05-21-2008, 03:19 PM
$4.59 a gallon here today, gonna have to start selling crack to pay for fuel

Ric
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
$4.59 a gallon here today, gonna have to start selling crack to pay for fuel

Chris

Is that price On Island?? I filled up regular yesterday in Venice for $ 3.679. Diesel is now $ 4.679 at the Pilot truck stop.

BocaChris
05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Ric,
There is no longer a gas station on island. They got rid of it about 6 or 7 years ago. Have to go off island to get gas. The Mobil by my house is $3.799 for regular and $4.599 for diesel. Depends on where you go

lawn king
05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
$4.79 here today.

UrbanGreen
05-21-2008, 07:57 PM
$4.59 a gal. around here. My brother in-law works for dupont right now but used to work for Shell as a chemical engineer and he gets a lot of inside info. Every time he has told me a price on what fuel is going to cost (usually 4-6 months down the road) he has been dead on. He told me that they are wanting to get to $7.00 a gal. but think they will have to stop at $5-$5.50 due to possible riots or truckers shutting down. I prey he is wrong on this one but like I said so far the numbers he has gotten have been dead on.

Also working with him and my father in-law we've been trying to make biodiesel, however getting the used cooking oil from restaurants has been really hard. There are a lot of large companies making contracts with restaurants for the grease and will prosecute if you try to take any of it. We are now trying to make it out of crushed peanut oil that is used for animal feed. We are getting a lot of it free right now but it doesnt yield much oil.

Ric
05-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Ric,
There is no longer a gas station on island. They got rid of it about 6 or 7 years ago. Have to go off island to get gas. The Mobil by my house is $3.799 for regular and $4.599 for diesel. Depends on where you go

Chris

Shows you how long it has been since I have been on the Island. I am afraid to go back and see what modern progress has done to it. I prefer to remember it WHEN.

lawn king
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Diesel, $5.07 Rockland massachusetts today, the end is near?

ted putnam
05-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Regular gas was 3.65/gal yesterday. 3.83/gal today. Off road diesel 4.75. I think taxed diesel is about 4.85 didn't catch it. I run gas burners... It's cheaper here than in Little Rock. I'm convinced they want to see just how far we can be pushed. They need to know their limitations and the only way to find out is to push us to the edge...but not over it! I'm gunna stay home, grill out,catch a few Bass out of my pond and have a couple brews for memorial day...Screw Them!

humble1
05-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Diesel, $5.07 Rockland massachusetts today, the end is near?

It cost me 165 to fill my one ton, I saw 4.50 a gal for home heating oil, WTF

retrodog
05-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Just paid $4.89 for diesel today, over $150 to fill up my truck, the thing that pissed me off about the whole thing, was the amount on the gas tank for the person that filled up before me....$990! When I asked the attendent about it she said "oh yeah, the average big rig spends between $1300 to $1400 to fill up"....you have got to be kidding! What is minimum wage..$5.85 an hour right now, so minimum wage workers will have to work 1 hour to put 1 gallon of fuel in their car to drive to work. One full days work won't even fill up their gas tank! It is going to make 80% of us poor and on a new kind of welfare system, and the government will own all of our businesses and land because they will tax us to death and confiscate!! This is gonna suck...lol. A little far fetched maybe, but think about it. There is a push for everyone to have health care, and a one world currency. That will prolly be the way they do it...to help us....

cpel2004
05-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Listen were getting fisted, Im mad as hell, and nobody(politicians) are doing anything about it, and I dont except them to, because they are in on it, not all but, the ones that consider themselves to be well connected and of privilege. They occasionally give us those bogus "Dog and Pony" shows on Capital Hill.

Personally I don't believe in coincidence when it comes to government. The easy answer is just to blame it on supply and demand thats what they want you to believe, that bullcrap. Try and justify it, you cant. Were getting sold out by our own kind. Were getting fisted by our own government. I Dont believe in coincidence, something of this magnitude just doesnt happen, in fact nothing just happens when your talking about this much money on the line. People get paid billions to predict and forecast these type of issues.

Dont blame it on the Suadi's either there just a puppets, doing what they are told to do. They dont even have an Army large enough to defend themselves. So do you really think a country that cant defend themselves have enough power to bring the world to its knees, of course not, they are just pawns.

Think about this... our government, has a history of sabotage and propaganda, we make things happen and we make people disappear. If we wanted to own the entire Middle East tomorrow before lunch we could. We are being sold down the river by the "Powers That Be."

Our government wants us to think and believe they have nothing to do with oil prices, when they have every thing to do with it, our National Security depends upon it. I mean if you dont have gas then you cant defend yourself. You cant move tanks, fly planes, feed yourself and your certainly cant win any wars.

Oil is one of our most precious resources, with that being said our government had to know about this with all of the studies, predictions and foresters. Its too much at stake for me to believe someone dropped the ball on this. Don't be naive. Connect the dots. Dont believe what they are telling us. This crisis has very little to do with supply and demand. These guys are playing "Lights Out, for Keeps" something is going on, other than what appears. You shouldnt believe in accidental occurrences, when dealing with government, these people are ruthless with other worldly and personal agendas.

I dont care if you are a Rep or Dem were all getting the shaft on this one.

I have enclosed the Preamble just to remind us why we have government.

The Preamble:usflag:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America"

greendoctor
05-26-2008, 07:01 PM
It now ranges from $4.68-5.10 depending on which station. Naturally, the $5.10 station does not have my business. Do not know where they got that price from. I now pay $125 to fill my truck once a week. Cost of doing business here in Hawaii. The price of diesel went up to $4+ here before it did on the continent.

ETM
05-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Just filled up my 1996 F250 diesel for $36.00. Yes I said $36.00. We are now running Blended Bio. My 7.3 loves it. But the sad part is Diesel here was $4.89 today. Look into it guys and it will save you some money. I was very sceptical but I took the plunge last week. Now we are on our third tank. :cool2::cool2::cool2:

Itsgottobegreen
05-26-2008, 10:28 PM
The damn bio diesel here is the same price. Can't figure that one out. It used to be 20 cents higher back when diesel was 3.15 a gallon. Then it was the same, then lower and now its back up to the same price again.

humble1
05-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Just paid $4.89 for diesel today, over $150 to fill up my truck, the thing that pissed me off about the whole thing, was the amount on the gas tank for the person that filled up before me....$990! When I asked the attendent about it she said "oh yeah, the average big rig spends between $1300 to $1400 to fill up"....you have got to be kidding! What is minimum wage..$5.85 an hour right now, so minimum wage workers will have to work 1 hour to put 1 gallon of fuel in their car to drive to work. One full days work won't even fill up their gas tank! It is going to make 80% of us poor and on a new kind of welfare system, and the government will own all of our businesses and land because they will tax us to death and confiscate!! This is gonna suck...lol. A little far fetched maybe, but think about it. There is a push for everyone to have health care, and a one world currency. That will prolly be the way they do it...to help us....

I have never actually met a min wage earner, i cant get a high school kid to show up for $14-15 per hour. The thing that really sucks arse is not only am i paying a lot more on fuel, but just to heat my house 1 month this winter is what i used to use in the whole winter. 1 galllon of poland spring water $1.98 used to be $1.00 a fe wyears ago. My wife bitches about the grocery bill is about double what it was, fert prices up, but i cant charge double or id get laughed off the yard.

PS I would drill right thru a caribou's's head if gas would be cheaper, fuk anwar and not drilling off shore. Freakin enviromentalists suck bag

ETM
05-26-2008, 11:19 PM
The damn bio diesel here is the same price. Can't figure that one out. It used to be 20 cents higher back when diesel was 3.15 a gallon. Then it was the same, then lower and now its back up to the same price again.

The ones charging that think just like big oil. You got to know that, as for myself I make it. It's really not that hard. With the money we are saving we will be going on that Alaskan cruse we allways wanted to go on. Look into it.:cool2::cool2:

BocaChris
05-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Ric,
Its horrible on Island now, if you cant afford a 400,000 home (for the minimum) or pay 1,500 for rent forget it. Theres still a gas pump at Hudsons Grocery (dont know if that was there back when, only been out there for 3 years and im only 20) but no gas. Anyways just got back from Colorado and was 3.86 for reg when i left. Was 3.93 in venice for reg this morning. Didnt check diesel, didnt want to go heartbroken

Ric
05-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Ric,
Its horrible on Island now, if you cant afford a 400,000 home (for the minimum) or pay 1,500 for rent forget it. Theres still a gas pump at Hudsons Grocery (dont know if that was there back when, only been out there for 3 years and im only 20) but no gas. Anyways just got back from Colorado and was 3.86 for reg when i left. Was 3.93 in venice for reg this morning. Didnt check diesel, didnt want to go heartbroken

Chris

If I am correct the pump at Hudson's is very old and I can't remember it selling gas. Would be interesting to see if the price is still set and readable. I am guessing Tom sold Husdons by now and retired. But he use to have nothing but Prime Beef and real quality produce, Of course at Island prices. A great place to grab to go lunch when working. The Island caters to the 2% of the population that has 98% of the wealth and all ways has. Sky blue water and White sand beaches aren't cheap. There is some real interesting Local History on the Island. During Prohibition more Fine Booze was smuggled out of the Port of Boca Grande and then on to the Private Pullman train Cars of the real American Robber Barons. JP Morgan Jr actually died of a Heart attack there after spending the evening with a Young infamous lady from the Island. I could go on, But it would be off the subject of this thread.