PDA

View Full Version : Landscape lighting insurace

All Pro Lawn Care
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Who are you using as the provider and what amount of coverage? I'm guessing one million... Do insurance companies cover just low volt lights or is a general policy that you can do landscaping too? Any details will help

Thanks

NightScenes
05-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I think my insurance is under landscape or irrigation but I'll have to check (I should know this stuff). I have 3 million in general and then a mil on the vehicles.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I carry 3 mil general liabil. as a 'lighting contractor' under a general category with an exclusion limiting me from any line voltage (EC) work. I then have riders that cover all tools, office contents, stock on hand, and stock in the field (this is most important) against any and all losses. I also have property damage coverage that protects the client and my co. E&O isnt really an issue.

Get yourself into a good commercial ins. broker and be 100% forthright in describing your business activities and the type of work you do, on what type of properties, etc etc... Being improperly insured is like not being insured at all.

Regards

The Lighting Geek
05-12-2008, 12:01 AM
do it right like James said and describe your business correctly. They may not pay a claim if it is not listed on the policy.

Pro-Scapes
05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Mine is filed under landscape and it does specifically say low voltage lighting.

I carry 2 million in general. Have riders for equipment and stock on hand as well as 1 million on the vehicals. Like James I am excluded from doing any line voltage.

Talk to your agent about what it is exactly your doing and make sure your covered properly.