PDA

View Full Version : greatdane supersurfer

jc1
12-15-2001, 05:43 PM
I finally have gotten enough accounts that it is time to upgrade to a commercial mower. My local dane dealer has two 2001 super surfers that are demos one 48" with a 17hp kawasaki with 24 hours on it. The other is a 52" with a 18 hp kohler with 26 hours. Both are priced the same what advantages does one have over the other? He also has a new 48" 17 hp kawasaki for 500 dollars more then the demos, aswell as a 52" with a 22 hp kohler for 700 more then the demos. Would it be a better option for me to buy one of the new machines? Most of my lawns are 15k to 30k square foot and no gates to go through sofar. I appreciate your opinions and help.

Kent Lawns
12-15-2001, 05:59 PM
Be sure you have a great relationship with your dealer and that he offers loaners while your machine is down. ('cause it will be- a lot.)

The Super Surfer is a cool machine, but it is by no means trouble-free.

(Do a search for more information.)

KirbysLawn
12-15-2001, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kent Lawns
Be sure you have a great relationship with your dealer and that he offers loaners while your machine is down. ('cause it will be- a lot.)

The Super Surfer is a cool machine, but it is by no means trouble-free.

Just wondering what this is based on? You run Danes? I do and have never had any problems with them. One of my best friends has 8 Super Surfers and feels the same, loves'em.

Kent Lawns
12-15-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Kent Lawns

I've posted this all before. I'm glad your friend likes them so well.

He's the exception: Sales are WAY off compared to their predecesor, The Sufer. (Surfer was a good machine.)

KirbysLawn
12-15-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn
You run Danes?

Thanks but I'll pass on the search, was just wondering the above, a simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Kent Lawns
12-15-2001, 08:37 PM
Yes, both Surfers and Super Surfers.

You only run the Z sit-down and that is not even in discussion here.

strickdad
12-16-2001, 08:50 AM
stick with the 48" you will find that you can fit the 48"more places than you can a 52" we have 3 chariot jrs. all are 48" we used to run some big mowers (52 and 60 inch exmarks) but we have found out that more in most cases is not better...

danlawnser
12-16-2001, 03:32 PM
I have a 2002 super surfer and that thing is in my opinion better than a toro z that I used. I would rather stand. Strick dad is right about smaller mowers. I like my 52 inch cut on the super surfer but I also like my 48 inch on the scamper. Just get what suits you.