PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait after a rain to spray Herbicide

jondcoleman
05-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone,

It has been raining for like 4 days straight here and I am behind on my Momentum applications. We are supposed to have a total of like 3" between last night and today. My question is this: If I apply the herbicide to wet grass, will it be effective or will the dilution due to the water on the grass dilute the herbicide? All opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jon

RigglePLC
05-12-2008, 07:57 PM
You are fine. Go ahead and apply to wet grass. High humidity improves the results. Germantown is waiting.

C.T. Lawn Care
05-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Add a sticker to it and you can spray in the rain! Well kinda lol

jondcoleman
05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Thank you!

stressed
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
it will be effective on some easier weeds but your harder weeds wont die completly if grass is to wet

turf hokie
05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I have sprayed in light mist and immediately after a rain. No effect or minimal at worst. As long as your AI is accurate per sq ft then wet grass wont make any difference b/c you are getting the same AI. It just changes how much water you are mixing with it (in a way) when it hits the target.

tlg
05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Some of your best weed control is achieved on cloudy damp days as the control product will stay wet longer and absorption is improved. Your only concern might be turf that has standing water after that much rain and you would not want to apply to saturated turf.