PDA

View Full Version : Hows your Exmark Seat

maacla
12-16-2001, 09:58 AM
I know there was some discussion on this right after they came out, but now after a whole season of use how would you guys rate Exmarks new "no springs" seat compared to the earlier spring supported model? I have just purchased an older lazer and am considering upgrading. But I don't in reality want to be going the wrong direction. Thanks Mike

1grnlwn
12-16-2001, 10:16 AM
Best seat made is a Bobcat seat. you can purchase through Northern Eguipment. $210 aprox. Has front/back, back angle and lumbar adjustments. Oh and its a suspension seat. Have one on my dixon and ferris. You can even get seat switch at Lesco for safety. They also make arms if thats your thing. I am a big guy and seat confort is paramount. This is the one.

jaybee
12-16-2001, 03:44 PM
I have a new Lazer with the standard seat. I couldn't justify the extra $400 for the suspension seat. My old Lazer also had the regular seat. After 150hrs on the new Lazer I found it to be quite comfortable. I'm not gonna say that I see a big difference between the old seat and the new so unless your old seat is ripped and torn I can't see why you need to replace it. There is a guy in Pennsylvania who is a member here and had a brand new Lazer seat for sale reasonable.

Evan528
12-16-2001, 03:57 PM
:eek: I actually demoed a bobcat ztr with the suspension seat last year! I thought it was very uncomfortable actually. It was very stiff and didnt seem to absorb that much shock!

LAWNGODFATHER
12-16-2001, 06:41 PM
The suspention seat was worth the extra money. Takes a lot of the bumps, out and lets you go faster on ruffer ground.

1grnlwn
12-16-2001, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry I didn't mean the bobcat mower. The bobcat skid steer. Its actually a replacement seat for skid steer loaders. It has low profile bottom and is half the price of that exmark seat. Boy they sure stick it to ya on replacement parts.

GreenQuest Lawn
12-16-2001, 07:48 PM
I know I will buy a suspension seat in the spring.

lee b
12-16-2001, 08:17 PM
My Deere dealer is getting me a Milesco suspension seat from Bush Hog {they use them on their ztrs} for $275.00 installed on my z. It looks exactly like the one Exmark uses, I believe it's the same seat. It is grey with the armrests. When I demoed a Lazer, the only thing I really didn't like was the standard seat.

TLS
12-17-2001, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by jaybee
There is a guy in Pennsylvania who is a member here and had a brand new Lazer seat for sale reasonable.

Thats me! Its on Ebay. Ends Wednesday. Thats all. Bye.

Trimline
12-17-2001, 05:41 PM
Godfather---- A suspension seat lets you mow faster???? Might make you FEEL like you can mow faster, but it sure doesnt make the deck stay more level.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-18-2001, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Trimline
Godfather---- A suspension seat lets you mow faster???? Might make you FEEL like you can mow faster, but it sure doesnt make the deck stay more level.

I think you need to reread my post.
The suspention seat was worth the extra money. Takes a lot of the bumps, out and lets you go faster on ruffer ground.

And your right you don't FEEL the bumps as much so you can go FASTER. The deck does stay level. Don't know what mogals you mowing over.