PDA

View Full Version : Real Green Support Fees

Rayholio
05-13-2008, 01:50 AM
I have mapping, and LA3.. I pay $100 per month for support.. I used less than an hour of tech support last year..

Is anyone here NOT on LA3 support? How has it effected your software experience? Do you miss the updates? or have you ever purchased updates from real green? I'm just curious how that works out for you?

my small company is drowning under REAL GREENS opressive fees, and we're considering dropping the support.. just wondering if that's a poor move?

trimmasters
05-13-2008, 07:49 AM
We also have LA3 and mapping. Had it for 5 years or so now. the program came with a year or so of support when we got it. Other than that we have never been on support. we do buy an update once every year or two for $100 a pop.

I support up to $100 a month? back when they were trying to get us to take it i want to say it was like $150 a quarter.

I don't think its worth it at all. In 5 years I had to call them once and that was because they sent a bad update out that deleted some necessary files.

My take is this - the software is vary good - there are some other things that are good but vary overpriced. was it you that was looking for the handheld? I think they need to just sell the handheld software and get rid of the lease offer. the price is ridiculous.

for $100 per month support I would expect 24/7 support with vary little hold time if any. not this will call you back when we can joke of support.

That's my take. John

We need to get a group of people together that use La3. chances are we could answer most any questions between us all.

kappa915
05-13-2008, 07:51 AM
We have LA3 and Mapping and pay $390/quarter for technical support. I probably used around an hour also last year. I was not aware that if you dropped technical support that you didn't get updates.

Rayholio
05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
John- They're trying to tell me that they want $250 for a one time patch purchase... AND FURTHERMORE that I will not be allowed to purchase just one update... example....

If I stop updating today, and want a new update next year, then I HAVE to purchase EVERY update released in the mean time @ $250 ea.

Can you verify that you have been paying for updates @ $100 each? and that you've not been asked to pay for backlogged updates?

Kappa- do you have the less than 1000 customer version of LAIII + Mapping? If so, you're being charged more than me...

trimmasters
05-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Ray, that's ridiculous!

I looked we payed $150 not $100, sorry. We NEVER had to pay for back updates. We have the unlimited customer and unlimited user version.

Rayholio
05-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Crap dude.. How long ago was this??

trimmasters
05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Last update I purchased was october 2007

Rayholio
05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Gawd!

They must really hate me...

trimmasters
05-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I think there kinda like Trugreen. Ever one gets a different price and there's no pattern to it at all. that's the best i can figure

Rayholio
05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Nah.. tru-green actually trys to keep their customers happy.. Real Green doesn't seem to care...

tlg
05-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I bought the Real Green System about four years ago. My wife won't talk to me anymore and Real Green is getting all my green. I'm getting use to the first problem, but the money issue is heart breaking.:)

Lawn Care Louie
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm surprised at you guys. I have had Lawn Assistant for several years and I have increased my annual revenue by hundreds of thousands of dollars using the tools in there.

I would not still be in business without it.

Rayholio
05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
We're not questioning the effectivness of the software.. Although I don't think it's quite as dramatic as "I wouldn't be in business w/o it" I do appricate it's abilities...

my problem is with support fees.. I'm being charged more than I can afford for a service that I'm not really using....

Runner
05-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmm.....8 posts in 2 years, and all having to do with how good RealGreen is.....:rolleyes:

Rayholio
05-15-2008, 01:05 PM
LOL I know REAL GREEN is following this thread because They wrote to tell me how the guy above is a liar, and hasn't recieved an update since 2004..
And they might be right.. he won't return my PMs on the matter

trimmasters
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Ray, Found your PM's. form the email I sent you can see for sure I'm not lying by any stretch.

Funny a company as large as realgreen would take the time to call there customers liars but not take the time to maby follow up with them and address there concerns.

To go on with your issue about the Handhelds, they did the same thing to me in a different way. We were seriously looking in to purchasing the Customer Assistant, there web site service that lets our customers check there account balances and such. when i called 3 months ago or so it was $4000 dollars one time purchase. we got a postcard a few weeks back advertising it for $995. But guess what, now its not a one time purchaser its 995 plus $80 per month forever. I told them i would rather go the $4000 route and be done with it but oh no it cant be done that way any longer. must do the lifetime monthly fees.

Now to go back even further when we first got the software back in 2002 or 2003 or whenever a big part of the sale was that they would soon be adding cass certification to the software. for those of you that don't know what this is cass certification is where the software will presort mailings for postage discounts. so we waited and waited and waited some more and the feature never came. you know why? in the meantime they set up their own mailing house. so they have this ability within the software and now only offer it thru them so you can pay there prices for printing and mailing as opposed to letting the software do it for you and saving you money. now your only choice is to pay there high rates for printing and prep work if you want to take advantage of the postal discounts. really slick

I do agree that alto of the features are nice but as soon as they have you sold on something it changes to where its going to cost you more.

Oh and get this. they also sell mailing lists. not a big deal you can get mailing lists anywhere right? BUT if you want to update movers and old phone numbers etc. they are the only ones that have a utility that will update this information in the marketing database. so guess what if you want to do this without all the trouble of deleting your whole marketing database you have to buy there list and let them import it for you. now the big kicker - anywhere i have ever bought marketing lists from will liet you buy a one time use list or a permanent list that is yours forever. they told me there lists are only licensed by the year so you have to buy new every year.

Oh and to keep going we have one of the handhelds going on two years now. when i purchased it we were told there was a new one coming out and since there were known problems with the current meddle we would be sent the new model to replace it as we were on the lease plan. so the new model comes out and guess what? no we cant exchange it like we told you your stuck with the one with known problems. as it stands now it has not worked in over a year and a half. it Baily worked before that. we now refuse to pay for it any more and they refuse to do anything about it or exchange it or anything.

I don't get it we could be vary happy and paying the monthly lease fee but as it sounds now were at a stalemate on it with seemingly little hope of getting it resolved.

Rayholio
05-15-2008, 09:31 PM
If you have something that you want REAL GREEN.. and the world to see... now is the time.. I know for a fact that they're watching this thread like a hawk... They've allready asked me to stop 'bashing' them on here..

trimmasters
05-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Ray, I don't feel that your bashing them, and that's not my goal as well. I just want to voice my frustrations on how there software went from being something that i felt was a good business purchase to being something where i feel i am nothing more than a account number they need to get more profit out of.

now we all know that we need recurring revenue from our customers and I'm sure that Real Green is no different. but there's some trouble when a business makes its customers fell like nothing but a sucker for them to hit up for more money.

I'm not surprised that the emails you were referring to that accused me of lying were from Peter Brown. I have had many unpleasant conversations with him in which he was either not professional or downright rude. I have also heard the same from some other Real Green customers as well. To be honest I don't see why they keep him around, but that's my opinion.

I do have to say that i have dealt with some others there that seem to try there best to help but they seem to be limited in what they can do.

Rayholio
05-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, I've been trying to keep my statements to the facts, and balanced, with the exeption of saying that they're bleeding me dry... I guess the truth in this situation is 'bashing' them.. but is that my fault? If I am recieving poor customer service, am I expected to just take it, and pretend nothing is wrong? Not me... And look at my 1st post on the subject.. It was an honest question, looking for an important answer. Not what was intended to become a 'bashing' session..

We have a true community here on Lawn site, and Although there are a lot of fights, and disagreement.. we watch out for each other to some degree...

And I AM mad at real green now.. because it is obvious to me that they're treating me differently. I've seen the ScreenShots... John DOES have a 2007 version of Real Green, and I was told that he purchased it at the old price in 2005... Which is a blatent lie, told with the objective of shutting me out.

I have not started dropping names.. but I can tell you stories about 4 people at real green who are seriously giving me the run-around, and generally making my life hard... And for what reason???

John.. It sounds like you're having VERY similar problems to what I've been having.. and I know that we're not the 1st people to go thru this.. we just seem to be the only ones that have noticed it... or maybe we're the only ones daring enough to speak out.. I dunno...

I also don't know where this will lead.. They may fire both of us as customers.. if they do, it would be simply because they couldn't answer our justified complaints, and wanted the easy way out.

I hope it doesn't come to that.. I was very happy with REAL GREEN about this time last year, and even in january of this year... I know I could be again.. but SOMEONE is going to have to pick up the slack over there at real green, and deal with us loud mouth angry customers for that to happen... and after 2-3 weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if they have it in them..

Rayholio
05-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Just got off the phone with Real Green.. Joe to be specific.. and bottom line, I am tentatively satisfied with Real Green.

I'm not happy with how I was dealt with up until my conversation with Joe.. but HE knows how to handle complaints very well.. A true customer service expert.

Let me be clear.. He did not give me anything.. no special prices, discounts, or freebies. We just had an honest conversation, and worked out the majority of our differences. I feel that he really cared, and wanted to address all of my complaints, and do what was in his power to resolve them.. I'm not jumping for joy.. (maybe some freebies would have accomplished that) but RG and I are cool for now.

REAL GREEN and I will probably never agree on what is 'fair' in the realm of support, and it's off-support policies, and fees. But I do understand their position on it.. and I suppose I have to live with it.

Best of luck to you john.. I hope you get a call from Joe as well.. he'll treat ya right I bet.

n-green
05-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I am grateful for this thread as I am in the market for new software. Service is everything.

Runner
05-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Same. It sounds as if Ray is just satisfied in settling with the fact that things are not getting worse. The fiasco with the handheld STILL exists. I have a good friend that just purchased ( the handheld for Qxpress, and he is MORE than satisfied with both the program that he has had for about 3 years now), but he is just ecstatic about the performance and ease of use of the handheld. We were speaking to someone a few days ago at Lesco (a relative of a fairly large company), and he was expressing that they are seriously considering making a switch from RG, also. I think there were some different issues there, though - by the sounds of it.

trimmasters
05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Ray im glad your getting somewhere. I have not been so lucky. pete did email me saying he tried calling. I emailed him back with my concerns and instead of addressing any of them he agin told me to call because "it would take days or weeks to answer my questions by email.

it only took me 5 minites to type out my concerns I don't see why he couldent answer them by email without it takeing a week. I did say that I wanted to have a record of what was said so it won't change like everything else they say seemes to. so here I sit waiting for a reply from them

cpel2004
05-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Not that I really care but beaware there are spies amongst us.

PHS
05-17-2008, 07:05 AM
beaware there are spies amongst us

That's a good thing for everyone. If RG is watching and figures out customers aren't happy with their business model they can make changes to address that. That's good for both sides. I know after reading everyone's concerns I'll be looking at other software options besides RG.

Rayholio
05-17-2008, 10:59 AM
John- I'm sorry man.. I was getting the same treatment via email... I don't know if they're just lazy, or i they don't want written records of what they say? I don't know, and I'm taking a big step with Real Green.... I'm not going to assume the worst.. Heheh

They probably just want to deal with your concerns in person to be more proessional..

At any rate.. I have no love for the gentleman with whom you are dealing.. I highly suggest going strait to joe... and don't bother emailing him.. he doesn't respond to emails either..

Harvestman
05-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I have had RG for about 6 years.The software itself is very complex almost to complex. My challenge is also the fees at $100 a month, it is outrageous. I hate feeling like I'm always being sold something. The constant updates (every 3 mths)to me is excessive and especially at $150 a pop. Quick books updates every three years for $180, much more reasonable. Also no automatic back up what is that about? I feel it is good software but at this point I wish I had shopped around a little more, maybe got something a little less complicated for less money. Because I think the complex nature of the program allows them to keep you hooked on the support.
Harvestman

Rayholio
05-18-2008, 02:18 PM
You're only paying $150 per update as well?? They're charging me $250 if I'm off support..

sedge
05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Ray im glad your getting somewhere. I have not been so lucky. pete did email me saying he tried calling. I emailed him back with my concerns and instead of addressing any of them he agin told me to call because "it would take days or weeks to answer my questions by email.

it only took me 5 minites to type out my concerns I don't see why he couldent answer them by email without it takeing a week. I did say that I wanted to have a record of what was said so it won't change like everything else they say seemes to. so here I sit waiting for a reply from them

email for support blows.........

If they don't get exactly what you mean, because the way you explained it and the way they read it are often different. When your actually on the phone they can log on to your computer and see exactly what your seeing. A very quick way to get to the bottom of the problem. Emailing back and fourth will take far longer on both ends.

I have no problem with our support, we call them or email in the queue and they call us back. usually in 30 minutes or less. Some of the suggestions we have asked for we are starting to see finally in updates, but their program doesn't do a lot of things we want it to do and many are them so "duh" to us :-(