PDA

View Full Version : Weed B gone use before or after core aeration and overseeding?

Exact Rototilling
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Disclaimer - I'm not licensed to apply any of this nor do I plan to be - 2 4 D products are like kryptonite to me for whatever reason.

Several of my aeration customers have asked about the use of herbicides before or after lawn aeration? What is the ideal span of time before aeration or after aeration for the consumer that purchases over the counter herbicides?

#2 Also how long after the application of Weed B gone can one over seed existing grass?

RigglePLC
05-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Aeration will not have much effect on WeedBGone either way.

Seed about a week after WeedBGone--just my opinion.

turf hokie
05-13-2008, 09:03 PM
What Riggle said.

whitefrog1
05-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Pre emergents should be put down after aerification of course. But a post like weed be gone would you think you should apply it a bit after aerating incase weed seed are exposed to the sunlight in the underlying soil and start to germinate? Then you can get those weeds along with the others? I'm sure it's rare to have alot germinate, but just a thought. ????

Hissing Cobra
05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
It doesn't matter if you spray Weed B Gon before or after aerating the lawn. As for seeding, the majority of weed controls will remain persistant in the soil for 30 days. Therefore, I wouldn't seed until after the 30 day interval has passed.

Lawn Care Louie
05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
What are your watering recommendations regarding aeration?

lilmarvin4064
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
reseeding intervals...

Quicksilver or Octane: 1 day
Speedzone Southern: 1 week
Lesco Redzone: 2 weeks
Most amine-based herbicides: 3-4 weeks
Weed-n-feed (:nono:) : 4 weeks+

This is based on the labels, however I have aerated/overseeded within 30 min of using Momentum and had no problems. While I wouldn't recommend this, IMO, as long as the turf/weed canopy is thick enough that you are not hittin the soil with herbicide, you should have few problems. But if I were you, follow the label.