PDA

View Full Version : Need options for clover and plantain

xtreem3d
05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
hi guys,
looking for ideas on what will work good on plantain and thick clover. i have heard that speedzone by PBI is the fastest acting, maybe Strike,any others and your experience's using them, ie; oz per gallon ect,
thanks,
steve

mjlcare
05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
spectracide with atrazine worked great on the stuff i had

xtreem3d
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
thanks, any idea what the oz per gallon worked out to be?
steve

mjlcare
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
im not sure i used a bottle of it and it lasted me around 3000 sq ft but im totally sure

check out the website and im sure the info is on their

humble1
05-14-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks, any idea what the oz per gallon worked out to be?
steve

speedzone southern high side is 2.2oz per gallon, i run 1.8-2oz works good

Hissing Cobra
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
A very cheap and very good weed control for weeds like Plantain, Clover, Dandelions, Yarrow, and all of the "common" weeds is Eliminate-D. It's available at all Lesco/John Deere Landscapes stores and retails for around $36.00 per gallon. The mixing rate is 1.0 - 1.45 oz. per gallon of water. I sell a lot of it and people come in all the time and comment on how well it works.

mjlcare
05-14-2008, 10:14 PM
A very cheap and very good weed control for weeds like Plantain, Clover, Dandelions, Yarrow, and all of the "common" weeds is Eliminate-D. It's available at all Lesco/John Deere Landscapes stores and retails for around $36.00 per gallon. The mixing rate is 1.0 - 1.45 oz. per gallon of water. I sell a lot of it and people come in all the time and comment on how well it works.

do you have anything will take care of florida petney "i believe thats what its called" thanks

whitefrog1
05-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Dicamba is up near#1 for clover. Use something containing it in a mix. The following all have dicamba plus will get plantains-

As they said speed zone and speed zone southern. Powerzone, or Surge are a couple more. Powerzone should be pretty fast as well as it also contains carfentrazone.

Whitey4
05-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Dicamba is up near#1 for clover. Use something containing it in a mix. The following all have dicamba plus will get plantains-

As they said speed zone and speed zone southern. Powerzone, or Surge are a couple more. Powerzone should be pretty fast as well as it also contains carfentrazone.

I've read you have to be careful with dicamba leaching into nearby shrub and tree root systems recently... opinions on that?