PDA

View Full Version : Transformation

Smith Farms
05-14-2008, 06:59 AM
I purchased this piece of land in May of 2006 and have contracted the tree removal, stump removal, house construction, and rough grading. I completed the final grading myself as well as the lawn installation and all plantings. I am probably halfway through with the plantings and I still have a lot of grass to plant. The grass is Bermuda and fescue. The last couple of pictures were taken in October of last year.

I am currently in the middle of a large deck/patio project and can post pictures of that in a few months.

I am not in the business and have been working on this during the evenings and weekends. Itís not finished so go easy on me.

Smith Farms
05-14-2008, 07:02 AM
More to follow

Smith Farms
05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Last pictures for now...

Toad
05-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Very nice there Mr. smith. Looks like your well established allready. I hope to do the same thing someday soon. Is this your retirement pad?

If you need some mulch theres a guy down your way that does alot of it, Chessnut Oaks!!! LOL

Chestnut Oaks Prez
05-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Big change there for sure SF. Looks good:) Pickins is a beautiful place anyway. Close to Clemson too:laugh:

Petr51488
05-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Very Nice. That would go for a couple million around here. Just one thing though, why didnt you go all the way up with the brick in the back rather then siding? I think it would look much better IMO.

Smith Farms
05-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Very nice there Mr. smith. Looks like your well established allready. I hope to do the same thing someday soon. Is this your retirement pad?

Thanks! The plan is for this to be our retirement home but with the up keep I'm not sure.

If you need some mulch theres a guy down your way that does alot of it, Chessnut Oaks!!! LOL

I am an admirer of Chestnut Oaks Prez work, it all looks topnotch. Last year I put out 48 yards of mulch and did not even get half way.

Big change there for sure SF. Looks good:) Pickins is a beautiful place anyway. Close to Clemson too:laugh:

I'm a Clemson fan as well! Great work by the way!

Very Nice. That would go for a couple million around here. Just one thing though, why didnt you go all the way up with the brick in the back rather then siding? I think it would look much better IMO.

I wish I could sell it for a couple of million, I would retire tomorrow. As for the brick on the back, I was already over 55,000 brick and that was way over my budget. I agree, it would have probably looked better.

Supper Grassy
05-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Nice Work

How many acres

Smith Farms
05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice Work

How many acres

Thanks! 5.5. We cleared over 100 pine trees and stumps from 2.5 acres but only the trees on the other 3 acres.

Petr51488
05-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh yea.. I really like the driveway. If that were my house, it would have a 5 car garage in the back for cars/trucks/toys!