PDA

View Full Version : Who has the highest PageRank on their site?

Hamons
05-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Who has the highest Pagerank on their site as displayed by Google's toolbar?

I currently have PR3 - on my fairly new site.

Ia m VERY aware that PR does not really amount to much in terms of Search Engine rankings-- but it is a number you can concentrate on as showing improvement.

I was very happy to see mys ite show a PR 3 in less than 6 months since creation.

Raven386
05-15-2008, 01:29 AM
where are you getting your pr from?

Hamons
05-15-2008, 01:32 AM
What do you mean?

Where am I seeing what my page rank?

Raven386
05-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Yea, where are you getting your page rank from? I usually use SmartPageRank.com but their site has been up and down for a while now...

Turf Troll
05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Raven you download the google toolbar, firefox has one but there are others you can use with IE.

Mr. Hamons - In my view Page rank / PR is a distraction with no value unless you want to sell a site to someone who places a value on it - for what reason I have no idea.

http://www.landscapinghockessinde.com/ has a pr 4 I just put it up to work on this summer when I get some time.

If I may offer a little direction because it seems you have spent some money on your site you probably would like people to find it.

Your listing on insiderpages.com comes up when looking for landscaping Shawnee and it provides a link back to your site which will help your site.

Results 1 - 10 of about 282,000 for landscaping Overland Park
www.insiderpages.com/b/15240370111 - 31k

Out of the searches below I did with Ks also,

Results 1 - 10 of about 187,000 for landscaping Shawnee

Results 1 - 10 of about 480,000 for landscaping Mission

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,720,000 for landscaping kansas city

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,650,000 for landscaping kansas city ks

but your site doesn't come up but sites with PR of 0, 1 come up.

These people are every where in the search engine, their tags arn't great but their not bad.

www.hermeslandscaping.com

This is your description, keywords and title

<meta name="description" content="Hamons Custom landscaping offers a broad range of landscape solutions for properties in the Kansas City area. We provide the consistently high quality and superior service that a small owner operated company can provide. Hamons Custom Landscaping specializes in providing Kansas City homeowners with the nicest lawn and landscapes.">

meta name="keywords" content="Lawn Care, landscaping, Kansas City, Overland Park">

<title>Welcome to Hamons Custom Landscaping providing Kansas city with great lawn care service and landscaping</title>

Hermes tags

<title>Hermes Landscaping - The premier Kansas City Landscaping Company, landscaping, residential landscaping, kansas city landscaping, snow removal, kansas city snow removal</title>

<meta name="keywords" content="Snow removal, kansas city snow removal, kansas city landscaping, midwest, landscape design, residential landscaping, commercial landscaping, business landscaping, landscape ideas, residential landscaping ideas, commercial landscaping ideas, landscaping designs, gardening landscaping, landscaping rocks, landscaping gardens, landscape jobs, landscaping jobs, kc landscape management, kc landscaping and design, landscape architecture design, landscaping shrubs, residential landscaping and design, landscaping plants, real estate landscaping, contractors, professional landscaping services">

<meta name="description" content="Since 1965, Hermes Landscaping has been active in commercial and residential landscaping for customers in Kansas City and throughout the Midwest, We also Perform Snow Removal.
">

You should try to have your most important keywords in the Title, description, keywords and h1 tag this is the easiest part of seo

after that it is all about getting links to your site. did you register with google small business listing and yahoo also. Try to find more places to get links to your site.

All the Best

GWILDER
05-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Your page rank is important but you need to cover your keywords and lots of them. If you search outdoor lighting im on the 15th page. But if you search outdoor lighting tampa (http://www.resortlighting.com) im 1.

Gary

mdvaden
05-19-2008, 03:41 AM
My PageRank just went back up to 4.

A 5 is very rare anymore. Many 5s dropped to 4s about 2 years ago. Probably since most landscape company websites don't have a huge web presence.

I still got plenty of calls whether it was a 3 like the last 1/2 year, or a 5 about 3 years ago.

The content is still more important than the PageRank.

My redwood page in my signature is not even a 0 yet, and it does quite well for it's niche.