PDA

View Full Version : Help with brain freeze on new 2008 biz cards

Varsity L&G
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I own a sign and graphics shop as well as LCO.

Here is the problem I can create cards for everyone else but myself, give me some idea's here is were I am stuck at the font and layout is just there to give me something to go by and spacing.

HELP*trucewhiteflag*

Firefighter337
05-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I like it.

I do not like being critical. But, is competive a word?

Lawn Enforcer
05-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I like it, a little typo, "competitive" Looks nice!

esparzalandscaping
05-15-2008, 10:50 PM
lulz @ competive.....
why lawn chairs?

chrisvinky
05-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I would change the black lettering to white to better contrast with the dark green background. Or you could fade the background at the bottom half of the card.

Varsity L&G
05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
That is funny you noticed that, When I do a layout spelling is of no concern and most of the time I end up with caps all over the place and words that are spelled sideways if you could do that.

The look to me makes me think of relaxation. a place I would like to be sitting instead of mowing grass. That one photo can have a different meaning to each person.

I just think something is missing, still tooling away at it.

Will post a final when I get it finished.

I hate doing these things for myself.

Varsity L&G
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Something is just not right, I need something under my name other then Owner, I always advise people not to put owner on there biz cards.

BryceBentleyLCS
05-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Something is just not right, I need something under my name other then Owner, I always advise people not to put owner on there biz cards.

Much better, I really like it :usflag:

Raven386
05-15-2008, 11:47 PM
"for all of your Lawn & Landscape needs"

- maybe change it from competitive pricing for prof. service to :

Professional Services at competitive prices or Professional Service at an Affordable Price.

Varsity L&G
05-15-2008, 11:50 PM
The blue is Navy but on here it looks funny. LOL

Next I have to layout a full color post card.

We are out of everything and I think it is time to go full color card stock on everything to put us above the night riders.

I want something that screams expensive so when they call they don't get sticker shock. We are not high but we also don't do yards for $25.

JohnnyRoyale
05-15-2008, 11:51 PM
How about Owner/Operator, and replace the pic with a nicely striped sports field. Try changing the company name to white, or a lighter colour with dark border. Or better yet, put your company name in the end zone or centre of a field. I'd put my email address on it somewhere too.

Varsity L&G
05-15-2008, 11:57 PM
We do not do sports fields. Over used in my opinion.

Great idea and it would work if I did that type of work. Anyone out there that does I would be glad to lay it out for them.

The word Owner on an LCO or Small Business makes your company look like a one man operation, IMO.

JohnnyRoyale
05-16-2008, 12:07 AM
What do you do? And how many do you employ?

Varsity L&G
05-16-2008, 12:13 AM
We do residential and small commercial.

I am a Solo operator and plan to stay that way but potential clients do not need to know that. They only need to know that I, We Will do a good job.

I do have a Wife/Secretary/Book Keeper/Problem Solver/Massage Therapist so I guess I employ 6 people at the time. All underpaid for what they do.

Varsity L&G
05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Done, same as last file, we can keep this going because I am going to work on it some more. Just need to get cards ordered, I am out of cards.

kleankutslawn
05-16-2008, 01:24 AM
looks nice

JohnnyRoyale
05-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Have you ever thought about two different cards. One for the residential market, and one for the commercial. Assuming most resi clients like smaller operations, title could be Owner/Operator, and commercial like bigger companies, and title could be Operations Manager or President or something like that. Just a thought.